Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Headed to Austin for TEE

Posted by smackman 
Headed to Austin for TEE
December 07, 2016 10:11AM
My TEE is scheduled for 8 AM Thursday morning. We are headed to Austin as I type. Wife is driving. I pray so pass this procedure protocol so I can get off this blood thinner.
I am nervous but I want to get thus behind me. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I have been struggling with nausea.
Re: Headed to Austin for TEE
December 07, 2016 06:09PM
Hi Smackman... I'm sending you good, positive thoughts and prayers that you have a successful TEE.

We'll be watching for your news.

Best to you,
Jackie
December 08, 2016 03:43PM
Healing prayer from me too.
December 09, 2016 09:59AM
I still have no answer if I passed the TEE. I have tried calling Curry but still no response.
December 09, 2016 02:16PM
I did not pass the TEE. Bottom line; Blood Thinner remains.
I am disappointed but will move forward. Curry just called me. Dr. Natale
Will be back in Austin next week and look at it himself but based upon the
Report, I failed.
December 09, 2016 05:55PM
That's really disappointing, Smackman. I know exactly how you feel. I had counted on being off blood thinners as well.
The first TEE was good and encouraging, but Dr. Natale wanted me to wait 6 months and have another. That was borderline and came with the strong suggestion I remain on it....undoubtedly, because of my age... and I understand that and the risks involved. Still, it doesn't manage my emotions about staying on a drug for life and as you mention the cost factor.

In the grand scheme of things, though, it could be a lot worse so I have been attempting to come to grips with it.

My best to you,
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login