Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SVT after Ablation

Posted by Drew1 
SVT after Ablation
October 14, 2016 05:52AM
Hi new to the board and my first post so here goes. I had two years of frequent af and fast af episodes and numerous trips to hospital before finally having my ablation in Dec'15. Everything was great with not even a palpitation until June when I started with the odd palp which over the next month became much more frequent and started to merge into prolonged episodes of palps', sometimes every 2/3 heartbeats to 5/8 minutes apart and the episodes lasting anywhere from 20 minutes to 39 hours. Went to a&e on one occasion but they could not capture the palps' and the ecg showed NSR.Still getting palps' but the prolonged episodes seem to have died away a bit but then two days ago woke up at 2am and my heart was going fast 130bpm. After 5 minutes daughter phoned an ambulance which arrived fast but when ecg done 100bpm and NSR. Declined trip to hospital and went back to bed. Got up 6 hours later and exact same performance and again today only lasting 10 minutes and 120bpm. Research suggest ST /SVT. Has anyone else experienced similar after an ablation. See cardiologist in 4 weeks but getting stressed by it and really frustrated.I had hoped it had all gone away. Have been feeling unwell (flu like) last week so that might be a factor I guess. Any help appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2016 06:23AM by Drew1.
Re: SVT after Ablation
October 15, 2016 09:25PM
I would go to my Cardiologist or EP and get a Holster monitor to watch your Heart to capture these episodes. This is how you will get answers IMO.

Praying for you.
October 19, 2016 11:06PM
Drew,

If I read you correctly you are about 6 months post-ablation, so most of the healing should be done. However, it's not uncommon to experience after-effects up to and including one year. If it is possible for you to do so, I'd recommend getting an AliveCor (now Kardia) device for your smartphone or portable computer. It's an EKG machine that literally takes the mystery out of just about everything. I have one myself and wish I'd have bought it sooner!
October 20, 2016 10:07AM
Hi Drew... are you doing anything in the way of supportive supplements to help maintain a calm heart? While ablation can definitely put an end to arrhythmia, it does nothing to replenish the critical electrolytes that support electrical function so most often once those fundamentals are also repleted, the heart stabilizes as well.

I wish you a peaceful heart soon.

Jackie
November 01, 2016 12:40PM
This sounds like flutter and it would not be unusual for AF ablation to resolve into flutter. If it is right sided and it sounds like that is what it is since you are in NSR when it happens, then it is a relatively simple procedure to ablate. Atypical flutter on the left side would require more skill to map and ablate. Most experienced centers will test for right sided flutter immediately after AF ablation and ablate the CTI during the index procedure if they suspect flutter will be an issue. Best of luck to you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login