Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duane Graveline MD, MPH (March 2, 1931 – Sept. 5, 2016)

Posted by Jackie 
Duane Graveline MD, MPH (March 2, 1931 – Sept. 5, 2016)
September 11, 2016 01:52PM
Sad news. Those who have been forum readers for many years, will remember the many posts offered about the work of Dr. Graveline and his personal story about the damage he sustained after taking statin drugs. His crusade to enlighten the world that cholesterol is not the enemy will live on in books and reports at his website, Spacedoc.com.

We now know that statin drugs interfere with mitochondrial function and certainly can be instrumental in setting the stage for Afib and other cardiac damage.

I, personally, will always be grateful for the knowledge he offered since I also suffered statin damage which is now recognized as a reality rather than an “impossibility” as my former internist emphatically told me.

This just in today… definitely worth reading to the very end as it describes what happened to him as a result of his statin damage.

Jackie

Duane Graveline MD, MPH
The Final Days

More than ten years ago, we started a page on spacedoc.com called My Statin Story where Dr. Graveline gave periodic updates on his health after his initial adverse reactions to the statin he was placed on.

These updates were honest and detailed as Doc wanted to create a permanent record of his own struggles so that it may help others.

His last update was in May of this year, but to finish the series, as he would have wanted, his wife Suzanne has given an account of his final days.

To get to her update, follow the link to My Statin Story and scroll down to the September 2016 Update.

My Statin Story - The Final Days
[www.spacedoc.com]

Online Book of Condolences
You can visit the online Book of Condolences, read what others have written and leave your own message here:
[www.legacy.com]

The Statin Damage Crisis by Duane Graveline MD
[www.amazon.com]

Lipitor: Thief of Memory by Duane Graveline, MD
[www.amazon.com]

This announcement by Malcolm Kendrick, MD was one of the first tributes to Dr. Graveline appeared in my email.
[drmalcolmkendrick.org]

[www.collectspace.com]

Worth visiting Spacedoc website for a wealth of useful information.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2016 01:53PM by Jackie.
Re: Duane Graveline MD, MPH (March 2, 1931 – Sept. 5, 2016)
September 12, 2016 10:45AM
How sad. I've pointed a lot of folks to his website. One can only lead a horse to water.

Only recently there has been yet another statin-push in UK.... wondered if it was in response to a news item in/on WDDTY about the Mediterranean diet having a better effect on death risk than statin drugs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2016 10:48AM by Joyce.
Re: Duane Graveline MD, MPH (March 2, 1931 – Sept. 5, 2016)
September 12, 2016 02:16PM
I read Dr. Graveline's story, it is tragic. However, I am puzzled ALS is Lou Gehrig disease, which has been around for a long time, even before satin drugs, certain ethnic groups are more prone to the disease. I am not saying that satin drugs did not increase the doctors chances of getting the disease, however, many people are on satin drugs and do not get ALS. I have read that D. Trump takes satin drugs, if a person has very high cholesterol and cannot get it down by diet, perhaps in that case a satin drug might be necessary, but it appear doctors prescribe a satin drug too readily.

Liz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login