Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need advise on 4th ablation

Posted by Methan99 
Need advise on 4th ablation
August 19, 2016 12:15PM
Hi, this is Mike I had three ablations in the past the last one was with DR Natale in Cleveland 9 years ago. I had my first AFIB episode year ½ ago when I was told my father suddenly died.
Yesterday I had my second episode after very stressful day. It lasted about 2-3 hours I went to ER to make sure and I was going in and out of FIB. My cardiologist thinks I should get the 4th ablation after 2 episodes that occurred and said I will happen again for sure. I’m 49 years old now.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Mike
Re: Need advise on 4th ablation
August 20, 2016 12:33PM
If you had Dr. Natale do the last one and if your finances can take the hit, how can you argue against having him do another ablation on the only heart you have? It's a no-brainer in my book. I'm fresh out of his EP lab, in the blanking period now, and would never trust my main drive pump to a second stringer.
August 20, 2016 01:55PM
Hi Mike - You may recall that I had my first ablation in 2003 with Dr. Natale when he here in Cleveland.
Eleven years later, when I began having some breakthroughs that escalated into more than just a few and also required a number of ECV's... there was no question as to where I would go for the followup ablation. I flew to Austin, TX to take advantage of that very superior facility and of course, Dr. Natale's outstanding expertise. If you can manage it, I strongly recommend you make the contact and get on the schedule.

Best to you,
Jackie
August 23, 2016 02:07PM
Thanks Jackie - I will schedule with Dr Natale. Is Austin better facility then San Francisco?.
Since waiting list in San Francisco is 4 months and Austin 6 months.

Thanks
Mike
August 23, 2016 02:59PM
Hi Mike, send me by PM your cell number and we can talk about the nuances of which facility to go to considering your scenario. And where are you getting those time frames?

Cheers!
Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login