water and blood viscosity

Posted by Larry 
water and blood viscosity
July 20, 2016 08:12AM
....an importance which Jackie has been so passionate about

[www.statinnation.net]
Re: water and blood viscosity
July 20, 2016 12:05PM
Hmmm. Would five cups of coffee daily count?
July 20, 2016 02:32PM
No - it has to be pure water. Plus, coffee is dehydrating... it's usually the caffeine portion. You probably notice that if you drink coffee, you aren't thirsty. So... drink the water first and then the coffee to be sure you get in your optimal daily amount. (they say it's the caffeine content)... but the thirst issue is still there.

J
July 24, 2016 03:48PM
I bought two one litre water jugs at the dollar store. I fill them every morning and try to finish them by dinnertime or so. My occasional daily coffee is extra and is followed by a Starbucks vente cup of water. All at slightly less than room temp. Coffee is a treat so I only buy the very best custom roasts and gringo just before using. Never more than one. I don't want to go back to that dark place.

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
July 25, 2016 11:08AM
Wow.

I drink about a gallon of water per day and even then it's not enough sometimes (July/August)!

My "barometer" so to speak about hydration is simply the color of urine. If it's yellow (especially dark yellow) then that's a good sign that I'm dehydrated. I continue to consume pure water until it flows clear. And like I said that can be over 1 GALLON on hot, humid days like the ones we're experiencing right now.
JayBros
August 03, 2016 11:40AM
Beware of hyponatremia, particularly if you exercise vigorously.
August 03, 2016 06:15PM
jbrosnan -- Welcome and, yes, one does have to be constantly attentive to all of the critical electrolytes that the heart needs to maintain proper rhythm and function... specifically, magnesium and potassium and some sodium, but not nearly as much salt as many people consume in commercially prepared foods which actively dominates over potassium.

This hydration topic should definitely not overlook the importance of making sure that consuming copious amounts of water don't flush out that which helps us maintain NSR. The extremely hot weather across the country brings this topic
'front and center' for afibbers.

I had posted previously both long ago and recently that I would experience AF on the golf course when I first began my AF saga and what helped me in addition to water with some salt added was to carry and use the little packets of electrolyte mix called Emergen C by Alacer .... the ingredients are not totally ideal, but the portability and efficacy saved me on several occasions. I later decoded to add powdered potassium gluconate, powdered magnesium and a small amount of salt to my water container and I drank that regularly to help keep me from flipping into AF on extremely hot days.

Eventually, though, I decided not to risk it and just didn't go if I couldn't get a very early Tee time and avoid the intense heat later on. Considering that golf doesn't require all that much exertion, the emphasis should be for those who are doing much more strenuous activity for much longer periods of time and to be sure to hydrate well and replace lost electrolytes as well.

Every afibber should be smart in these hot weather extremes.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login