Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cardiac Catheterisation Procedure and Afib

Posted by Sam 
Sam
Cardiac Catheterisation Procedure and Afib
January 12, 2016 04:41PM
I'm getting a nasty feeling of pressure in my chest when I exercise or do physical work. Even a 50 yard walk or a little bit of pruning brings it on. When I do get it it eases after 15 - 20 minutes of rest but leaves a lesser feeling of pressure - with weakness - for the rest of the day.

I'm due to have the procedure to inject dye and map the coronary arteries to check for blockages or narrowing. I'm not convinced this is the cause of the pressure, nor is my cardiologist, but at least it will confirm or rule out one possibility.

My biggest concern is whether it will bring on an Afib episode, either by the presence of the catheter in the heart or the nervousness I will have about the procedure.

Any experiences by anyone who has had the procedure or has any advice will, as always, be much appreciated.

Sam
Re: Cardiac Catheterisation Procedure and Afib
January 15, 2016 08:55PM
Sam,

Ive been thru exact same situation. Doc figured I had no blockage but because of my chest pressure and kind of breathlessness they wanted to check. As they thought, nothing wrong.
everyone worries the procedure may cause an episode. I even worry like when a dentist tilts you back almost upside down. But I usually just figure Hey......roll with it. If you had a problem at least you are there where they can help quickly

Tim,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login