Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gut health and sleep health

Posted by Que 
Que
Gut health and sleep health
November 26, 2015 08:36PM
Hi all,

I came across a very well-written blog about gut health and sleep. It's an individual's account and research into wrestling with his IBD. This particular post deals with how a sick gut can impair one's sleep, however I have enjoyed reading other posts on the blog.

Gut Critters Blog

Que
Re: Gut health and sleep health
November 27, 2015 11:00PM
Que,

I'm likely in this category. I've yet to sort it out, though. I had an interesting experience several years ago. Started supplementing with raw potato starch (a resistive starch). My sleep improved very much. For about 4-5 months. Then it was like the bugs started making too much of the "stay awake" neurotransmitters. and I'd wake up at 2 am. So I quit the starch and things got better. I later learned that the potato starch can feed the wrong bugs, but don't know details about this.

So, I'm guessing the key is getting my gut bugs "right," I've just not hit upon what will make them "right" for me, yet...

George
November 28, 2015 01:21PM
Thanks for this, Que, as it serves an as introduction to a post I'm working on right now about the microbiome's significance in health ... a topic which has been discussed much more frequently over the past several years by leading functional health practitioners.

On the sleep issue, one influencing factor many seem to ignore is the exposure to electropollution from all our wireless phones, gadgets, WiFi ...etc that is right there in the bedroom as well as surrounding us... 24/7.

In May 2011, my report on Electropollution and Cardiovascular Risk was published here and included several other reference links on the topic.

Here's a clip from that post - talking about Dr. Sinatra's son who has deathly ill from electropollution:

,,," He notes that his son got zero sleep in the hospital and after his son recovered and procured an "electro-smog detector," he revisited the hospital and he measured his bed and room. The bed was "on fire" from the conduction of waves via the metal in the bed, in the building, etc. plus there was all the EMF/RF pollution from the hospital equipment, computers, and nearby cell phone towers, and it was an electrically powered bed. (Something to think about when in the hospital - even as a visitor.)

In that regard, he says Insomnia is one of the biggest problems in America today from cell phones, cell phone towers, cordless phones, The RF waves intercept or interfere with melatonin production.

When asked why some people tend to be so vulnerable or hypersensitive, Dr. Sinatra said it often comes as a combination of systemic toxic overload. Children are much more toxic these days; children with high lead or mercury levels or pesticide exposure; or children whose pregnant mothers drank alcohol or were smokers or used the cell phone or wireless systems frequently. These people, including both children and adults, have compromised immune system function (remember the majority of the immune system is in the gut and these heavy metals and other toxins disable proper gut function). Then, overexposure to WiFi waves compounds the entire picture. These non-harmonious frequencies plus the toxic burden appear to be "the straw that broke the camel's back." Later, he said, this all contributes to a "perfect storm." He says heart palpitations and arrhythmia are not uncommon.

He also says we should throw out cordless phones, get rid of WiFi routers in our homes and if we must use cell phones, then use it on speaker to put distance between the signal and critical tissues like brain and thyroid. He says text rather than use your cell phone. Turn your cell phone off and don’t carry it around while activated as the signals will be out there trying to connect.

He observes the potential for thyroid damage and dysfunction as a result of having a cell phone or cordless phone so close to that gland that is vulnerable to chaotic vibrations from these devices. " end clip

Continue here: [www.afibbers.org]

I'll try to finalize the microbiome report soon.

Jackie
Que
December 01, 2015 01:54AM
Hello,

Hope it helps. This is all really new territory for me. I've been working on my sleep for months now. I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and have chosen a dental device for treatment. It takes a little getting use to but is less invasive than CPAP. As well have been working on some insomnia issue by using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. That has proved quite helpful.

Que
December 01, 2015 10:56PM
Que,

I tape my mouth shut at night <[www.correctbreathing.com] Helps with apnea.

Also use amber or blueblocker glasses at night and try to get outside during the day to stimulate melatonin at night.

George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login