Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

5 Year Wait is Over! Pre op booked!

Posted by Murray L 
5 Year Wait is Over! Pre op booked!
October 17, 2015 10:49PM
Ok...so I may have ants in my pants. Started Tikosyn Dec 2011 as many will recall. Finally made it to the top of the list and have pre-op November 5 with RD ablation by Dr. VERMA WITH IN 6 WEEKS. Yay!

Now I am dealing with fractured spine in 3 places...

Will keep this group updated. Thanks everyone for heartfelt support.

Murray L
Richmond Hill Ontario

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
Re: 5 Year Wait is Over! Pre op booked!
October 17, 2015 11:18PM
Murray,

Great news on getting to the top of the list with Dr. Verma!

Sorry to hear about your spine. Wow, that is unfortunate.

Sending you positive vibes.

George
October 18, 2015 12:38PM
I'm so glad to hear you are finally getting to have your ablation, Murray. Southlake looks after you really well.
Sorry to hear about your spine. Hope it heals quickly and without too much suffering.
Marg
October 18, 2015 03:31PM
Good news Murray, the time will pass quickly and look forward to hearing when you are solid NSR on your own again without any drugs.

Shannon
October 19, 2015 01:08PM
Great news, Murray! I've been wondering how things were progressing for you. Hope all goes well on the big day.

Gill
October 21, 2015 12:04PM
Great news, Murray. Congrats.

Please keep us informed of your progress!

Ken
October 21, 2015 02:51PM
Fantastic news Murray! You have worked so hard to get there, and certainly deserve a successful outcome.

Cheers from B.C.
Lou

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2015 02:51PM by Lou Toews.
October 21, 2015 03:46PM
I just want to thank everyone for their well-wishes for me for the coming weeks. The pre-op is November 5 at Southlake; echo, blood and Lord knows what else. They said expect to spend several hours, mostly waiting I assume. The actual procedure will be done within 6 weeks of the pre-op, date to be advised.

In the meantime, the Tikosyn (dofetilide) continues to affect my quality of life with side effects, the main one being a slight trembling that seems to start a few hours after I have gone to sleep. Having had an accident in May 2014 last year, my spine was fractured in three spots and I broke ribs. Finally seeing a neurosurgeon specilizing in spinal injury and am being booked for a current hi-res CT Scan AND MRI of my spine. My L1/L2 were crunched as was my T10. I am, apparently, fortunate to be mobile and not in a wheelchair. Without getting into the details, a lawsuit is about to begin.

The good news is that despite all that is going on I have returned to work. Most mornings coming in late due to "balloon head" probably from the Tikosyn. Then full of energy for the day. I am fortunate to be a Real Estate Broker these days and my time is somewhat flexible. We are doing well and enjoying it. If I could only get a solid night of sleep it would be even nicer and I am sure that once we are off the dofetilide and have the spinal issues sorted out things will be super.

Again, thanks everyone for your good wishes. I am here to answer any questions anyone might have as regards my AFIB journey. In fact, in our office I have bumped into another AFIBBER and shared the benefits of eating right and getting sufficient Potassium and Magnesium. Sodium intake, even in small amounts, puts me in a nosedive. And at the other end of the spectrum, if I feel anything going on chestwise? A couple of beer cups filled with low sodium V8 gives me about 3 grams of Potassium and 20 minutes later all is calm. We are all an experiment of one, it seems. Thank goodness the Tikosyn has worked for me since December 2011. My heart was expanded at that time (took one year to expand) and the NSR that the Tikosyn has given me has permitted it to shrink back down in size (took 4 years) to the point that my ablation is possible.

Will keep everyone informed of my progress. Dr. Verma at Southlake will be doing the procedure.

Murray

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
October 21, 2015 09:16PM
Finally! You have been waiting a very long time! As someone who was on tikosyn also for over a year, I think you will be amazed how much better you will feel when you get off. I hope you get your spine sorted out asap. Holding good thoughts for you, Murray..
Louise
October 22, 2015 06:28PM
Thanks, Murray, for the extra details. I’m so very sorry about your latest injuries. How very unfortunate.

So glad you’ll be with Dr. Verma. Looking forward to your post-procedure report.

Good thoughts and positive energy to you,

Jackie
October 24, 2015 04:32PM
Hi Murray. Wow that is awesome news so glad your wait is finally coming to an end. It will only get better . Wishing you all the best and hope you your Spine is on the mend . Take good Care and we know that Dr. Verma is the best at Southlake here in Ontario.. smiling smiley

Rosemarie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login