Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Non-Alcoholic Beer

Posted by Que 
Que
Non-Alcoholic Beer
October 05, 2015 03:21AM
I have abstained from alcohol since my ablation but recently started drinking NA beer. Taste-wise it's not bad and kinda a nice treat and great for social situations when others are imbibing.

Does anyone do the same? Have any health concerns been found regarding my new discovery?

As always thanks friends!
Re: Non-Alcoholic Beer
October 05, 2015 02:00PM
Que - The non-alcoholic beer should not pose a problem unless you are sensitive to gluten/gliaden proteins. In that case, you can look for a brand that is not made from grains.

Jackie
October 05, 2015 06:57PM
As you know it does have Alcohol still in it, just a reduced amount. I used to drink several cases a week until I realized that I had become hooked, even though I never really drank much real Beer or Alcohol.
Que
October 05, 2015 07:16PM
Thanks. Yes, I think it has .5% alcohol, which I'm hoping is low enough to be ok. I too am starting to drink a lot of them as they are a new thing for me and a treat. I will have 3 a night, but again unless I'm missing something seems to be ok in my book. To Jackie's point the gluten seems to be ok for me too.
October 05, 2015 11:29PM
“One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer” ......works for me.....

McHale
October 07, 2015 09:44AM
Que - just be on the alert for symptoms - even with the small amount of alcohol content since it's been commented here that alcohol is toxic to heart cells and EPs don't condone using alcohol. I realize n/a beer is very low and it may not be an issue, but it pays to be informed about the detrimental effects of alcohol since it does deplete magnesium.

I know several former afibbers who do enjoy a few beers or a wine spritzer without incident. The hard liquor is probably far more risky and damaging.

Skoal!
Jackie
October 07, 2015 03:47PM
I drink beers. Seems to be OK I counter them with a LS V8. You can prob get .5% alcohol from ripe fruit or sauer kraut, Geez we have to have some enjoyment in life! So eat that ripe peach and drink a beer occasionally, It will all be OK.

actually my EP has suggested to me if you are going to drink in moderation, you should do so more often than not. Your system gets somewhat used to the alcohol. This is better than having a few drinks rarely and shocking the system. ????

I go by his advice smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login