Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

5 months post Natale Ablation

Posted by Que 
Que
5 months post Natale Ablation
October 05, 2015 03:18AM
Hello,

Just update here and a couple of questions. I'm 5 months post-ablation and all is going really well. Outside of a few days 1 week post-ablation in which I went into flutter (which self-corrected thankfully) I have stayed in NSR. I have heard from Dr. Natale office that I can begin weaning off of Multaq (which I have completed today) and in early December (6 months after the ablation) I will wear a Zio patch and have an echo. If all goes well I can stop Eliquis.

After reading a few posts tonight that seems to be the standard protocol with others that have found NSR post-ablation. Prior to the ablation, I was in persistent AF that progressed rather quickly over the course of a year and probably was in AF for at least a year and maybe a little longer. Hard to say as my symptoms weren't apparent at the time.

Questions:

1. Will I get one of the Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE)? What is that like? Should I ask for a 3D TEE so I can get my AFF morphology?
2. Is there anything I can do now to ease off the NOAC (Eliquis) and lower my risk for any problems?
3. Anything else here to think of?

Many thanks!
Que
Re: 5 months post Natale Ablation
October 07, 2015 06:54PM
Hi Que,

Don't go off Eliquis until you get the specific green light to do so. It doesn't really require tapering either, though you always can if you like that way better.

Great to hear the good news and many thanks too in the other thread for the offer to help and will call for a pow wow soon. Travis has been compiling the current site to understand exactly what will be morphed into the new site and what to archives to very good effect, andthe design decision and kick off to the work l all kick phase will jump into high gear as soon as the AFIB Report is finished and out in the next couple weeks after Magdalena and I return from La Jolla where I just returned to the hotel from my very successful third follow up TEE after my Amplatzer ADOII LAA leak plug procedure 15 months ago here.

More on the TEE in a separate thread.

Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login