Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ibuprofen

Posted by tsco 
Ibuprofen
July 29, 2015 11:33AM
I have a herniated cervical disc in my neck and must use ibuprofen. Will Ibuprofen interfere with anything?
Re: Ibuprofen
July 30, 2015 03:26PM
You need to consult with your medical professionals since there are a range of possible interactions. In particular Ibuprofen interacts with Warfarin.

Les
July 30, 2015 04:46PM
Check out the FDA's latest revision of safety issues with NSAIDS... posted here recently.

[www.afibbers.org]

Sorry this is the correct link.... sometimes my computer doesn't copy/paste correctly.. (obviously) and I didn't see the error... Thanks.

Jackie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2015 01:32PM by Jackie.
July 30, 2015 08:45PM
Jackie is that link right?
July 30, 2015 08:51PM
I would taper down the dosage when go to stop the drug over a week, withdrawal from Nsaid's can effect K+ levels in the Heart
July 30, 2015 09:03PM
It might effect an Anti-Arrythmic drug, the QRS segment can become to elongated in some scenarios.
July 31, 2015 10:14PM
I usually don't take them much anymore (I used to use tons of the stuff) since I've been on Coumadin. But one day I was moving stuff out of a storage unit and was sore the whole day so took about 4 over course of the day. Two days later was my blood pull for INR. Number was 5! So don't do that anymore!

Nancy
August 01, 2015 05:57AM
As hinted above there are many routes to pain relief. Pain itself can have not very good side effects, increased HR increased BP and release of adrenaline and noradrenaline for example. I have not heard accounts of this but assume pain can be a powerful trigger for AF. Hence suggesting seeking professional advice about pain relief: you should probably not be taking Ibuprofen but neither should you be doing nothing and enduring pain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login