Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

preferred side to lie on

Posted by Josiah 
preferred side to lie on
July 04, 2015 12:36PM
I can't remember which is the preferred side to lie on in order to avoid AF?
Re: preferred side to lie on
July 04, 2015 01:03PM
It varies for some but most of us have ... or had ... issues lying on the left side. A lesser number seem that have right side problems and for some it doesn't seem to matter, but the predominant uncomfortable flippy sidedness for Afibbers seems to be on the left for sure.

Shannon
July 04, 2015 03:38PM
That is just your own body that you need to pay attention to what is going on in various sleeping positions.
July 04, 2015 06:02PM
Thanks for the quick reply on a holiday. I'm having the my first prolonged AF episode after many years of reasonably constant NSR and I'm spending most of the day in bed.
Que
July 04, 2015 08:02PM
You can tape a tennis ball to your shirt to urge your body to sleep on its side. This is a technique for those with sleep apnea. There are more elaborate devices you can purchase too for that.

q
July 04, 2015 10:33PM
The only time I lay on my left side is when I'm already in afib. Then I figure, "hey, why not" winking smiley.
Nancy
July 05, 2015 02:10AM
If your in AFIB, then you'll feel the palpitations more on the left side
July 05, 2015 01:02PM
used to be left side was worse for me...Hope you are feeling better soon!
July 05, 2015 05:38PM
After fourteen hours of AF, I drove into the VA Hospital (50 miles). At the hospital I checked my pulse before going in and it was squirrely, went in and was treated very promptly. Lo and behold I'd converted in the five minutes they were hooking up the EKG. Really weird, but I didn't complain smiling smiley
July 06, 2015 03:11AM
Could mean that your AFIB was Stress induced, and you relaxed somewhat after being in care of the Nurses?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login