Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

10 Year Update - yes, I am still alive!! smileys with beer

Posted by dnvrfox 
10 Year Update - yes, I am still alive!! smileys with beer
July 04, 2015 07:50AM
10.0 years coming up since my Natale ablation. No ablation meds except adult aspirin daily, went from 1 year of continuous 24/7 AFib to NSR for almost 10 years now. Not much change from the last report.

Here is my almost 6 months update.

So, I turned 75 in November, and will turn 76 this next November.

I continue swimming 4-5 hours weekly, bicycling 100 miles per week (generally 20-30 mile rides), walking several miles per week. I have given up my plan for the Sprint Triathlon due to a severe bout of bursitis in my left hip, for which I had PT , and it is much improved,but no formal triathlon, although there are days when I do the equivalent, just at my own pace.

I continue TRX training, also, and am getting more advanced..

Other things:

I do 150 (3 x 50) pushups, and did 75 in a row on my 75th birthday, bench presses, planks, curls, rows, am doing a lot of balance exercises on the BOSU ball, balance board, etc., and a lot of stretching. About 180 minutes of exercise/stretching daily. I do regular (4-5 times per week) bicycle rides this summer followed by a 40 minute swim, and lots of walking.

I am still active in the gospel singing group I started 9 years ago, We sing all across the state. We are now welcoming ladies into our group..

[www.xyzingers.info]

and my advocacy activities continue. [www.pad-co.info]

I m writing this to provide hope to some of you, and to show that a good life can still go on in your 70's

Best of luck to all of you.

Denver
Re: 10 Year Update - yes, I am still alive!! smileys with beer
July 04, 2015 08:11AM
Always great to hear from you Denver! Here's to another ten years enjoying the good life. Keep us posted too.

Cheers!
Shannon
Re: 10 Year Update - yes, I am still alive!! smileys with beer
July 04, 2015 11:00AM
Hi Denver,

Great to hear from you. I recall when you had your ablation. Keep it up and continue to enjoy all our beautiful state has to offer!

George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login