Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Into the last week

Posted by Don Quixote 
Into the last week
June 13, 2015 12:49PM
OK so I am due in for an ablation with Dr Ernst on Thursday 18th. Had my CT scan and mIBG imaging (x2 to check for consistency joys of being in a trial). The CT angio is what one might expect...not very challenging except that I bled when putting line in, wonder what my INR is? Tuesday was mIBG in the Nuclear medicine department. That ran from 9 am to 4 pm with long periods 'holding a pose' under the camera: it would have been fine but repeated crashes have given me rotator cuff injuries that make the pose 'hard work'. Dr Ernst was apparently in checking he images, good and reassuring to feel the personal oversight.

The objective is to stop my paroxysmal Afib and also at the same time my ectopy. She is going for 100% free of ectopy (and Afib of course) . I think I have been in NSR for sometime now and feel quite good but the Bisoprolol make me sleepy at best with a HR hovering round 40: not really a long term solution.
Les
Re: Into the last week
June 15, 2015 03:15PM
Hey Les,

Glad to hear. I'll be thinking good thoughts about you on Thursday. Glad the good Dr. Ernst is keeping close watch!

George
June 15, 2015 07:15PM
Best wishes, Les.

Warm thoughts and prayers headed your way for next Thursday!

Ken
June 18, 2015 04:55AM
Well arrived at hospital apparently been brought forward on the list so expect flurry of activity shortly. Not sure ho this will pan out I suppose I should be nervous but I have faith
L
June 18, 2015 04:58PM
I'm holding good thoughts for the outcome that you want and need, Les. You are in excellent hands with Dr Ernst.
June 19, 2015 02:47AM
Well done and dusted. NSR and very very few ectopics: 1:100 heart feels like it did 20 years ago. A long 7 hours on the table, happily with GA. Night nurse was lovely he has max 5 patients so had plenty of time to chat to me which whiled away the small hours. Looking
forward to the large breakfast I ordered. It was noted I had low potassium which will need to be addressed.

I have some pain in my left hand groin vague memories of noting bruising on hand over from recovery waiting for antinflamatories. Typing rubbish afeter and anastheatic sorry.

Les
June 19, 2015 04:15AM
Ahhhhhh. Nothing like the feeling of NSR. Congrats!
June 19, 2015 12:14PM
Right so they found some unexpected I think in the right atrium so Dr Ernst had to do diagonals there?? 5 GPs ablated and full PVI. As a result of the unexpected I think they had to thin blood aggressively. This led t a bit of bleeding from the left groin cured by pressure and bed rest for 12 hours. Happily this is about to come to an end. I have had a scan of my groin and all is well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login