Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ECG Normal?

Posted by Bart 
ECG Normal?
May 23, 2015 07:54AM
Hey Fellow Afibbers,

I was wondering if anyone experienced in reading ECGs could have a look at this attachment for me and let me know if there's anything out of the ordinary about it? I'm not looking for a diagnosis - just want to be better informed for when I next visit my Doc.

I've been feeling increasingly unwell much of the time in recent months. No Afib at the moment (last episode was 2 days ago), but feeling light-headed, headachy, lethargic and just generally unwell.

[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

Thanks,
Bart
Re: ECG Normal?
May 24, 2015 08:04PM
Hey Bart,

I don't know much about it, and I certainly can't give you medical diagnosis, but some of the key things that look good to me are:

1.) P waves are present
2.) R to R looks really consistent

I hope you feel better soon.

I'm sure other more knowledgeable forum members will give you a better reading.

Best wishes. Hope you have a good holiday weekend.

Sincerely,
Ken
Anonymous User
May 24, 2015 10:56PM
AliveCor is a single leed EKG and is not definitive enough for your question. A 12 leed EKG, properly interpreted, would possibly provide an answer.
May 26, 2015 06:52AM
Thanks Ken, thanks Mørk.

Have been to the Cardiologist today and the ECG was ok apart from frequent tachycardia (100~115bpm), but Echo evidently showed mild diastolic dysfunction. 6th day now and I'm still feeling dreadful. No Afib since the other day, just feeling fuzzy, slightly dizzy and shakey.

Having endured PSVT and Afib for almost 10 years now, I've become fairly sensitive to the nuances of my heart, and still can't shake the feeling that something doesn't 'feel' right. Not very scientific I know smiling smiley

The Doc has put me on Concor COR - hopefully it's going to help.

Regards,
Bart

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2015 07:06AM by Bart.
May 26, 2015 09:26AM
P waves
Regular rate
Consistent P to QRS
Normal rate... no tachy or PSVT
No AFIB / Flutter
Rest of waveform not real clear on my PC

All the best!

/L
June 01, 2015 09:23AM
LarryG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> P waves
> Regular rate
> Consistent P to QRS
> Normal rate... no tachy or PSVT
> No AFIB / Flutter
> Rest of waveform not real clear on my PC
>
> All the best!
>
> /L

Many thanks Larry. Appreciated.
Anonymous User
June 06, 2015 06:18AM
Bart, if i felt any of this: " frequent tachycardia,... feeling fuzzy, slightly dizzy and shakey. ...something doesn't 'feel' right..." I would think something had badly depleted my body's supply of potassium, and i would apply a big glass of water in which had been dissolved a heaping teaspoonful of Now brand potassium gluconate powder. Drink that right down, and if you do not feel much better within 15 minutes i will be very surprised. A similar effect, maybe more easily gotten immediately, would be supplied by a big glass of Campbell's low sodium v8 juice, readily available in supermarkets around here [that being Northern New England]. Please keep us posted on how you are doing, OK?

PeggyM

p.s.I hope you are maintaining magnesium glycinate and/or Waller water intake to bowel tolerance as a matter of course? If this sounds unfamiliar, please post again and somebody will post the process of establishing bowel tolerance for magnesium supplementation, in which each person is unique.

PeggyM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login