Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr William Davis cardiologist and Nattokinase

Posted by alexe 
Dr William Davis cardiologist and Nattokinase
April 30, 2015 08:59PM
We live in democracies and have a right to express different opinions.

Medically I hope these opinions are expressed on rational grounds but this does not always happen.

Dr Davis has lots of material on the evils of nattokinase.

Have any members of the forum any comments on his comments?

I'm continuing taking my nattokinase but I have a certain useless intellectual curiosity on the subject.

Thanks

Alex
Re: Dr William Davis cardiologist and Nattokinase
May 01, 2015 09:35AM
Alexe - can you give a reference link to the opinions of Dr. Davis on NK? I'm very interested in reading.

Perhaps it's because nattokinase (enzyme) is derived from fermented soy and maybe he is anti-soy because the majority produced is GMO?

The CardioKinase product offers the best possible enzyme to help with blood viscosity, blood vessel health and more and we've been using and recommending it for a very long time and investigation into reliable brands was my pet project years ago...so I'm very curious.

Thanks
Jackie
May 02, 2015 02:38PM
Alex – I found this link connecting Dr. Davis’ opinions on nattokinase and responses from his blog readers.
[www.cureality.com]

This nattokinase/blog/thread was started in 2007…when perhaps Dr. Davis hadn’t been in the “awareness camp” for very long since Wheat Belly wasn’t published until 2011 and even then, he blunders and recommends the use of Splenda/sucralose (chlorinated compound) mixed with maltodextrin – an excitotoxin…which definitely should not be on a list for healthy eating. Perhaps in the time since publication, Dr. Davis has learned more. Certainly the editors of a health book should have known better.

Dr. Davis does a great job of informing the public about the health risks and dangers of wheat and grain- related problems and many people have benefited significantly. So… the point is that while he is well-intentioned, he doesn’t have all the right answers …and that includes Nattokinase…. as many of blog responses indicated way back in 2007. Many of those responders offer very valid points worth noting including the 12/3/2008 from Anonymous as well as several others from Anonymous dated 5/3/2009.

I stand by the research I’ve presented based on not only Dr. Holsworth’s work with Dr. Sumi but also that of Dr. William Wong who was an early promoter of fibrinolytic enzymes from the Wobenzyme people initially and then formulating his own version of a more potent enzyme product. Garry Gordon, MD, MPH and long-time advocate of using lumbrokinase (Boulouke) …. indicates the efficacy of fibrinolytics to prevent MI and strokes. He’s used them for over 25 years in his practice and says none of his heart patients have had damaging clots. Dr. Gordon likes lumbrokinase which is a stronger fibrinolytic enzyme than nattokinase.. but he also uses nattokinase depending on the patient’s needs. My own FM MD also prefers Boluoke for treating Lyme disease that causes elevated fibrinogen levels.

My own history of the benefit of nattokinase goes back to 2003 when I had my first ablation… and back then, we didn’t use warfarin/Coumadin for extended period of time post ablation. My story was that I had stopped the warfarin at 3 months; had a breakthrough AF events at 103 days post ablation; was electrocardioverted and a week later, had the (then) standard spiral CAT scan of the heart as a diagnostic followup prior to my checkback appointment with Dr. Natale.

I had the appointment. He said all looked fine. Six weeks later, I received the copies of the CT report I had requested and saw a notation was made that a clot was observed in the LAA. I called Michelle the EP nurse at the CCF and expressed my dismay about falling through the cracks. Of course, I joked the time that the NK must have done its job or otherwise I'd probably be dead or impaired. (no joke, really.)

As I reported at that time to the forum, fortunately the clot didn’t cause harm. My position then was and still is that had I not resumed the nattokinase regimen I used prior to the warfarin required for the ablation, I probably would have had some consequences if the clot moved. As it was and apparently based on my continued good health, the nattokinase did its job and dissolved the clot gradually and completely. So obviously, I'm a big fan of Nattokinase.

On the topic of Lumbrokinase, in 2009 a study brought to the attention of readers by Canada RNA Biocemicals, Inc that compared atorvastatin Vs. aspirin + atorvastatin + lumbrokinase in reversing atherosclerosis (assessed by itima-media thickness). Results showed that lumbrokinase improved the efficacy of regular pharmaceutical regimen. Sometime it is hard for patients to stop their pharmaceutical drugs. However, it appears adding lumbrokinase to their regular cardiovascular prevention is still beneficial. [canadarna.com]

This blog has some responses on Lumbrokinase by Dr. Gordon and a couple from other well-known holistic-type practitioners…. FYI [dreddyclinic.com]

Bottom line is that these enzymes do help and if you don't need to be on a formal anticoag, and you have occasional afib or are in the senior years where clotting and arterial stenoses become fairly commonplace, then nattokinase such as the CardioKinase or lumbrokinase is a very useful preventive strategy.

Everyone with afib should also be aware of the need to be tested regularly for the key markers of thick sticky blood or elevated blood viscosity as reviewed in the many reports on "thick sticky blood."

Jackie
May 02, 2015 10:19PM
Thanks Jackie for your usual thoughtful reply.

I already take cardiokinase,boluoke,silymarin serrepeptase.Should I consider lumbrokinase or am I duplicating ?

Alex
May 03, 2015 12:36AM
Hi Alexe,

No need to over do things either , but this is just for some general
Prevention or to keep blood viscosity low as we get older, just two to three 100mg Cardiokinase .. One every 8 to 12 hours ... or substituting lumbrokinase ... Should be sufficient.

If you are trying to address a medical clotting issue or added protection against embolic thrombus or debris then you should work were a skilled functional
Medicine cardiologist of which there is a growing larger number around the country in recent years.

Good functional med cardios often combine warfarin or a NOAC with lower dose Nattokinase or Cardiokinase for lower dosing of the pharma blood thinner and what they feel is generally better overall efficacy. But these docs aren't in ever town yet. Dr Holsworth can do this as well.

Anyway, just because a natural enzyme like Nattokinase can be beneficial at a given dose range, does not mean that taking more is even better!

You can get to thin blood too so do such multi agent combinations without the guidance of an aware and savvy physician. He or she will at least do ACT ( activated clotting time testing with a thin narrow razor blade controlled jab in the forearm then counting he seconds or minutes it takes for he bleed to start coagulating and likely a number other blood tests as well to confirm you are in a safe range.

Shannon
May 03, 2015 06:28PM
Hello Shannon,

Finding these physical actual sticky blood blood tests in Australia has eluded me though I have tried .

I am on low dose Eliquis .No other medications.

Any specific tests or suggestions ?

Thanks

Alex
May 03, 2015 06:53PM
Alex - Somehow I missed the fact that you are on low dose Eliquis.

For that reason, I'd definitely stop all but a minor dose of the Cardiokinase but don't take all of those others and Eliquis too.

As Shannon suggests on the ACT evaluation... ask if they can do that or something similar for the same testing evaluation... you definitely don't want to over-thin your blood... the big concern, obviously is a severe trauma that involves either a serious external cut or an damaging blow to cause internal bleeding. That's my main concern now that I am on Eliquis as well. I carry an Alert in my purse and have an alert tag on my clothing at all times so that the Emergency people hopefully can find it if I'm in an accident.

Jackie
May 05, 2015 11:39AM
Yes everyone on any blood thinner, like Warfarin, or any of the NOACs in particularly and even Plavix should absolutely wear a bracelet or neck chain with a Medical alert emblem noticing any first responders what you are taking. Including all the drugs that an ER doc must know about to save your life in the event you wind up in a critical scenario at an ER.

No exceptions to this wise common sense rule of thumb.

Shannon
May 07, 2015 07:45AM
Thanks Shannon and Jackie.

I will be purchasing a Medical Alert bracelet or neck chain today!
I am going to switch from Xarelto to Eliquis as soon as my Xarelto runs out. I think the evidence shows that it is safer than the Xarelto..

JohnB
May 07, 2015 04:12PM
Jackie and Shannon,

I will take the advice of getting a medical bracelet.

I take 2.5 mg of Eliquis twice a day [breaking in half a 5 mg] and 1 Cardiokinase morning and evening apart from regular supplements.

I don't know where to get a ACT test .I will mention it to my cardiologist next visit.

Is the any standard physical test of blood stickiness ? I could arrange this through my friendly GP.

Thanks

Alex
May 08, 2015 04:38PM
Alex - as mentioned in the previous posts on 'thick sticky blood'.... there are several "indicator" common tests that collectively offer some warning about conditions that contribute to blood hyperviscosity.

Check out this post from 2014 that reviews the various common tests....

[www.afibbers.org]

Jackie
May 13, 2018 08:56AM
Hi Jackie...anyway you can call me 845 443 9821. I want to take nattokinase instead of eliquis and want to go to a doctor who knows about it.
Mickey
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login