Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

dental ozone therapy safe for AF?

Posted by anneh 
dental ozone therapy safe for AF?
March 24, 2015 09:34AM
I recently switched dentists and the new one uses oxygen/ozone therapy including in the tooth cavity or during a root canal etc as ozone is supposed to be very helpful clearing out infection. Just curious if anyone knows whether this is ok for afibbers? anne
Re: dental ozone therapy safe for AF?
March 24, 2015 09:59AM
Anne - all that I've read seems to indicate it's a very positive approach and result. You are fortunate to have access to a practitioner using advanced techniques. The really important issue with root canals is making sure the residual infection is completely removed and ozone offers that potential. I would think that lessening the risk of infection and any resulting inflammation would only be a plus or a positive for afibbers and everyone else as well.

Good luck with that.
Jackie
March 24, 2015 10:32AM
thanks Jackie, I guess I was concerned that inhaling it might trigger AF as I am not familiar with it. I know to instruct dentists not to use epinephrine when injecting numbing substance (this dentist no longer uses epi) so that was why I was wondering about the ozone therapy. Are you familiar with its use? Thanks again, am currently living in fear of another episode so being extra cautious. Btw I read the mag info but was wondering if Calm mag is still recommended? I am going to get some mag taurate and mag glycinate this weekend, have been using Kal mag glycinate but now not sure how good it is after reading info. anne

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2015 10:34AM by anneh.
March 24, 2015 03:48PM
Anne - you should ask your dentist how the ozone is delivered... via injection or mixed as a water infusion delivery. I doubt that either one would be a problem for you, but definitely tell her/him your concerns.

The magnesium information from that link indicates that the most effective and efficient delivery of magnesium ions is by the process that chelates the ions with proteins for delivery. ie, magnesium amino acid chelate or magnesium bisglycinate patented by the Albion process. Other magnesium forms do provide magnesium, but they also dissociate in the gastric juice environment of stomach and intestinal tract so less typically reaches the target. The KAL magnesium glycinate is just a combination of magnesium and glycine... not chelated. Tom C reports that works well for him. Others report they do well with the magnesium citrate (Calm) product although it tends to cause bowel tolerance more quickly than other forms... but still depends on the individual.

As we always say, we are experiments of one and what works for one may not be the answer for another. The oxide form is the last absorbable and considered useless and probably added for filler to keep costs down.

Jackie
March 24, 2015 04:01PM
thanks again Jackie, will check with dentist as it sounds like perhaps a water infusion should be safe smiling smiley anne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login