Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ablation

Posted by JAYHAWK 
Ablation
March 11, 2015 01:06PM
Yesterday (March 10) marked four years since my ablation with Natale in Austin. As I have said previously no issues and the only medication is a 325 mg aspirin daily, I continue to take both potassium and magnesium supplements.

Was able to return to normal exercise and daily activites immediately after the procedure. I will confess that I was apprehensive about the exercise program as arrhythmia issues had developed during exercise.....one of the reasons I finally opted for an ablation

Again....not sure where I would be today with arrhythmia had I not found this websie and received the guidance from this group. I was lucy compared to many in this group as my experience from diagnosis to ablation was relatively short (couple of years). During that time arrhythmia went from an occasional occurance to a inconvenience to a lifestyle problem.

Thanks is not sufficient!!!

Steve
Spring, Tx.
Re: Ablation
March 11, 2015 01:39PM
Hi Steve,

Happy 4th and many more to come! Many thanks too for you ongoing contributions here on the forum over the years as this ever expanding close nit community is what makes this place so special.

Be well,
Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 05:30PM by Shannon.
March 11, 2015 03:27PM
Agreed! Congrats on your continued successful anniversary! I hope for many more for you!

Ken
March 11, 2015 04:26PM
Steve,

Congratulations!!

Also thanks for your support of my friend, Wayne. He had his Natale ablation a week ago and couldn't be more pleased with the process and the results (very encouraging, although still early). He told me when he got home, he was talking about the ablation with a friend. The friend had a friend who'd just had one done locally. Unfortunately that ablation resulted in a "his heart being nicked" and resulting immediate open heart surgery to fix it and save him. Wayne' comment, "Natale's experience really counts for a lot!"

George
March 12, 2015 01:04PM
Good to hear it went well for Wayne.....was thinking about him as I remembered that his surgery date was in March as well. Had I not found this group that story could well have been about me.

I had discussed an ablation with my local EP cardiologist.....would have been performed at St. Lukes Heart Institue. It is interesting that while they have a world-wide reputation for excellence in cardiac issues....not a center of excellence for ablations. Maybe it was my interpretation , but it was my impression from the discussion that the procedure was quite simple with minimal risks.....only required an overnight hospital stay. Then after imput from this group quickly learned that it is not "just a simple procedure" and that is extremely experience oriented. in terms of success (not to mention risks). Even with the guidance from this group not sure how I would have proceeded if Natale was ot in Austin!!!!

Steve
March 14, 2015 02:12PM
Happy Anniversary! I am booked with Dr. Verma/Khaykin at Southlake and awaiting my date (social medicine). Am very excited. Want to get my life back if I can.

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
March 15, 2015 06:39AM
Steve,
Congrats on 4 years of NSR, good to hear!
Ironically I had my ablation at St Luke's here in New York but it was with Dr Natale.
Went to a conference again last week to see the Maestro sponsored by Montefiore's Luigi Di Biase his protoge at the Ritz-Carlton. He gave us his undivided attention once again for 15-20 minutes to speak with us.
Approaching the 2 year mark in May.

McHale
March 15, 2015 03:38PM
McH, wow 2 years already, how time flies. Best wishes to you both for continued nsr.
March 15, 2015 06:01PM
Hi Steve - So good to see your post that you are doing so well.

Best to you,
Jackie
March 18, 2015 03:53AM
Researcher,
Yep approaching 2 years, can you believe it!
Thanks for all your support with all my trepidation!
To think I almost cancelled with The Maestro....damn I'd be kicking myself in the ass block after city block smiling smiley
I have true affection and admiration for Natale, such a Gem of a man.

McHale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login