Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Horiba B731 operation

Posted by alexe 
Horiba B731 operation
February 26, 2015 02:35AM
Gentlefolk,

Once upon a time I used to like reading instruction books. Now at age 80 they fill me with depression.

Is there some simple youtube or other which just tells me how to check my potassium. I don't want to know all the wondrous other things the machine can do. I would prefer to do the things that I find enjoyable.

Thanks

Alex
Anonymous User
Re: Horiba B731 operation
February 26, 2015 03:20AM
Alexe, there exists a simple method for determining potassium intake. It does not involve machinery at all. go to the website
www.fitday.com
and use their free nutrient calculator.Enter all foods and all drinks. If anything seems hard to figure out, appeal to George Newman. He is very up on this and often coaches the slightly confused. Once you have become familiar with the nutrient content of the foods you normally eat,compare the values you are eating with the ones you should be seeing. those of potassium particularly Deficits can be made up either by food containing that specific nutrient or by supplementation, your choice.

PeggyM
February 26, 2015 03:37PM
It's not as hard as it seems, make sure to calibrate it weekly.
February 26, 2015 10:32PM
I have already just purchased the unit so my destiny is to use it !

Alex
February 26, 2015 10:47PM
Alex,

Is this helplful <[hkpp.org] It is from the periodic paralysis people. They are the ones who pioneered using the meter to test saliva & correlating that with serum potassium.

I don't have a meter, so can't give first hand advice. Hopefully some of the one's here that have one will weigh in.

George
February 27, 2015 03:29AM
Don't read anything regarding the old C-131 model, it will just confuse you.

1- Always rinse unit out before using it, reading should start out low, like under 20.
2- Calibrate unit, by putting control solution in tester, then press the Cal button, "2000" will appear if using the 2000 control solution.
3- Press Meas, for Measuring mode, and then Spit in tester.
4- When smily face appears in like 10 seconds a number like 1500 will display. Type that number into the online calculator here [hkpp.org]. That will give you the equivalent of mmol/L K+ in your Blood.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2015 03:39AM by The Anti-Fib.
March 03, 2015 11:52AM
I am glad I still have my old blue Cardymeter...and an extra sensor....sometimes the newer models are a pain to operate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login