Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

6 Month Ablation Report

Posted by John21 
6 Month Ablation Report
February 12, 2015 07:34PM
Six months to the day since my Cryoablation with Dr Schweikert. Everything is going great. Life post ablation has been a blessing. I'm so happy to have it behind me. Thanks to everyone on the forum for their expert advice.

I've returned to pre-ablation levels of exercise, but it has taken the full six months to do so. I haven't returned to my pre afib levels, and I probably never will , more by choice than anything. The days of long cardio exercise, like marathons and long triathlons are behind me. Will continue strengthening, running some short distances, biking for fun, skiing , some swimming and what ever floats my boat.
Still working hard on the diet, to minimize PVCs and just maintain my health at optimal levels.

I can't help but think that getting afib may have prevented something worse. I was a sugar, processed, and junk food addict who maintained his weight with tons of exercise.

Not anymore, working to continue my moderately low carb real food diet with targeted supplements like (mag , K , and taurine, NAC,Tumeric,trace minerals vit k2 etc).

Thanks to the Forum for everything!

John
Re: 6 Month Ablation Report
February 13, 2015 12:48AM
Great to hear John21, and you are welcome! You did good and enjoy continued NSR.

Shannon
February 13, 2015 10:50AM
Great report, John. Glad you have made those important life-style changes which will not only serve your heart well but promote healthy aging as well.

Best to you,
Jackie
February 13, 2015 12:18PM
Congrats John. You sound like me. I too was a junk food person and maintained my weight by hardcore exercises. And like you, I have changed my lifestyle around as well. Good to hear the ablation was a success. Have a great 2015!

Travis
February 13, 2015 06:41PM
Fantastic news, John - Great to hear!

Doreen
Anonymous User
February 15, 2015 03:43PM
Hi John,
Thanks for sharing. Congratulation. May you continued NSR forever.

Duke
alb
August 02, 2015 06:57PM
Saw that you had a Cryoablation. Dr. recommended it to me. Can you tell me roughly how long a procedure it is, how long recovery it is, how long in hospital and generally how it went? I had an ablation 3 yrs ago for atrial flutter. Worked ok for the flutter but had atrial fib too. Thx

Allen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login