Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Higher blood pressure in the early mornings

Posted by Paehua 
Higher blood pressure in the early mornings
February 11, 2015 02:09PM
Good morning members ,
I am in perm A/Fib and I am taking 190 Betaloc daily as well as 2 x 2mg of Terazosin daily plus my warfarin , in the early mornings I always seem to have a higher blood pressure ie.,160 /88 + and I wonder why this is happening .
It has been like this for years and I wonder if any other members experience this .

Regards......Kvntoday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2015 04:08PM by Paehua.
Re: Higher blood pressure in the early mornings
February 11, 2015 05:11PM
Interesting is that by 10.30am my BP has dropped to 115/74 with a pulse of 81 ?

Kvntoday
February 12, 2015 07:06PM
Believe it's very natural for BP to be highest in the morning.

/L
February 13, 2015 03:54PM
Thanks Larry ,
Yes I went to my GP yesterday and they said it was because of by Betaloc being a 24hr slow release pill it would have been at the waning stage and when I take my next pill.
I did a small experiment last night , I got up at 3 am and took my pill and this morn my BP was good 130/79 so maybe that is the problem so I am not stressing about it now as my BP during the day is always perfect .

Best wishes ................Kevin
February 14, 2015 07:51AM
Yes, my BP has been higher upon waking for the past 10 years. I take my morning dose of BP meds upon waking, first thing. Then it is in proper range for the rest of the day. I take BP meds three times a day because I cannot afford the extended release types. I am hoping to reduce my BP naturally by agressive weight loss. I am averaging a weight loss of 2 lbs. per week and have recently lost 20 lbs. Over the last 5 years I have lost 75 lbs. I intend to slim down another 25 lbs. to around 180 lbs. All the latest studies show that agressive weight loss improves ablation outcomes by very significant margins. As I am scheduled for an ablation with Dr. Natale shortly, this is important to me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login