Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What's a girl to do?!?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
What's a girl to do?!?
February 04, 2015 03:40PM
Hi friends,
This is my first post in years and I'm so happy it still exists as no one understands this condition as well as those going through it. My first ablation for my paroxysmal afib was in 2001 with the wonderful wizard of CC - Dr Natale that is! He is as kind as he is good and if you don't think that matters - you've never been treated by an a$$hole yet!
Anywho...my second ablation for severe PVC's was 6 months after my first ablation again with Dr Natale. It was 11hrs on the table but he cured me of a certain miserable existence and I could not be more thankful.
I started having symptoms again about 2 years ago so I contacted Dr Natale via email and he has been monitoring me ever since. I'm still not bad enough to ablate as he thinks my issues will be coming from the left appendage and that I MAY be required to take blood thinners the rest of my long life. I'm 54 - still work full time and I'm very active so it's not the ideal path to choose as of yet.
As we get older we hopefully get wiser. I don't hate much at my age...abusers of children and animals, and arrhythmias - that's about it! I wish I was stronger physiologically so that after an episode of afib - I'd bounced back in minutes... but I don't.
My afib always wakes me out of a sound sleep with a rapid ventricular response of over 200 bpm. I've had it since my late 30's - after the birth of my 3rd child.
I wish I could pray it away as God knows I've tried.
Thanks for listening to my story - all though it's not unique - we are and that's what matters
Re: What's a girl to do?!?
February 04, 2015 04:48PM
ajr1960
I will think of you as all of us battle thru. I hope at some point and time they can come up with some new technology and just zap this stuff for good! or a drug!
You and I are about the same age, so we are still way too young to feel this old (at times)!!
Tim
February 04, 2015 06:19PM
AJR1960,

God bless you! I'll certainly join in with you to try to pray it away.

As a new Natale ablatee (8 days ago), I wish you all the best.

Sending positive thoughts your way. :-)

Sincerely,
Ken
February 04, 2015 09:40PM
Dear ajr1960,

AF is a hard thing. We all know this, but that doesn't make it any easier. It is a comfort, though, to know that you're not alone, and that those here do understand about waking up in the night with a racing heart out of nowhere. I'm sure you've read a lot of the truly helpful information here, and you've chosen very wisely with Dr. Natale. Time is on your side for new technologies and developments that will not require you to be on anti-coagulants for the rest of your life. Some things as not easier as we get older (I've got ten years on you), but the wisdom that can come with age can help you slow down and work with the vexing condition to calm your heart and your mind. Stay active at whatever level can work for you. Do the things that you have found to support you with the condition, and these vary widely from one person to another. And when you've done all you can do, you do have the option to see Dr. Natale again. This too shall pass.

I'm holding good thoughts, and thank you for sharing your story.

Rob
February 04, 2015 11:11PM
"I'm still not bad enough to ablate as he thinks my issues will be coming from the left appendage and that I MAY be required to take blood thinners the rest of my long life."

Shannon has posted extensively on his LAA ablation. There are options if you need to be on blood thinners. Here is a search on his posts that may be of use to you: <[www.afibbers.org]

George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login