Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Jittery problems are PVC's

Posted by smackman 
My Jittery problems are PVC's
January 07, 2015 11:30AM
Dr. Natales nurse called and said I had NO AFIB; I was having some PVC's or extra heart beats. She said Allergies could cause it; Anxiety/stress etc. Winter months are always harder on me as far as Anxiety goes.

She said it was nothing bad and not to worry about it. I have Anxiety and I have had some stressful situations in the last month like the Colonscopy. She said I could be low on Potassium but my colonscopy was Dec. 2; This is when the "extra beat" started happening.

Anyway, good news. I am sure I have allergies; its 60 degrees one day and then its 35 the next. We have crazy weather in the winter time in North Louisiana.
Re: My Jittery problems are PVC's
January 07, 2015 02:12PM
Try 5 degrees in Michigan, I would gladly change our weather for yours.

L
January 07, 2015 03:49PM
Smackman, Glad to hear no Afib. My procedure was in Feb 2014 and had a fairly good run except for lately I am getting more and more pac's a pvc here and there. It is discouraging. Havent had any sustained afib but I find the pac's etc about as stressful. Not sure what to do. Along with winter that hit pretty hard here in KY this week I am down in the dumps. I had been feeling pretty upbeat and this starts and just regresses me back to the beginning....cycles of thoughts of here we go again! Ironically my eye and calf muscle is twitching too so maybe Im low on something??? I had been taking a multivit and hydrating. It seems to me the healthier I try to be the more problems I have. It's very dis-heartening (no pun intended).
Tim
January 07, 2015 04:14PM
Tim - your muscle twitches, are classic signs of magnesium deficiency... always important for afibbers and former afibbers intending to stay that way to maintain daily magnesium supplement intake. This is a life-time commitment. See the recent post on Magnesium - What's in Your Supplement?.... because it may be necessary for you to change brands and also increase the amount of daily dosage.

When the label indicates - as an example... 100 mg of magnesium... it should say 'elemental' magnesium is 100 mg... or may say elemental is 50 mg and 50 from something else. Most people are going to need at the very minimum....600 - 800 mg daily. Many of us need much more... such as 1000 or 1200 mg and often more.

Consider trying the bulk powder mentioned in that post which is the "true amino acid chelate by Albion" which has no other added buffers or fillers to dilute the amount of magnesium you need. It is also the least likely form to cause bowel tolerance issues until you get up to very high dosing.

Also consider making the Waller Water concentrate and concocting your own supply of magnesium bicarbonate water which is not only easy and economical, it also is a highly beneficial form of magnesium which is quickly and efficiently allowed to enter cells so it can start working immediately. Additionally, it will help keep your tissue pH from becoming acidic. Alkaline tissue supports health; acidic tissue supports disease ....including cancer and a host of other undesirable ailments.

Jackie
January 07, 2015 04:43PM
Jackie,

Thanks so much. Im interested in making the Weller Water (where is the best formula). Does low potassium have the same effects (twitching, charlie horse, etc) as low mag? How do you know which one is low without a bunch of testing? seems my EP doesnt even consider low stuff ??? thanks so much for caring
January 07, 2015 04:52PM
Jackie
I did find the Waller Water recipe I am a bit confused tho Arer steps 1 thru 3 to make the concentrate which is then diluted into the drinking water portions in step #4 ? Sorry
January 07, 2015 05:55PM
I have made the WW water many times. Approx. 6 ounces of the concentrate to a half gallon of water.

You take 2 tablespoons or 1.5 ounces of regular MOM and add it to your chilled Carbonated waters
such as Canada Dry Seltzer. Do not get the flavored MoM nor flavored Seltzer water.

The bottle of Milk of Magnesia should come with a measuring cup which will hold 2 tablespoons.

You might have to poor a little of the liquid out of the seltzer if the bottle is really full to mix the MoM. Poor the 2 tablespoons of MoM into the Seltzer, screw on cap and shake vigorously for 30+ sec. Put back in refrigerator and repeat the process again. The Bottle will "cave in" some showing you it is mixing. You still might have some sediment in the bottom of the Seltzer bottle especially if you buy the cheap walmart brand.

After it is mixed it takes approx. 6 ounces of concentrate to a half gallon of water. Pour it in and mix it. It mixes easy.

Thats it.
January 07, 2015 06:03PM
Winter time is always a hard time for me as far as Anxiety/stress etc. I just try hard to relax listening to christian music and not think about my heart or my issues. I hate the short cold winter days. To cold to go outside; I hurt worse etc.

I was glad to learn that I did not have any AFIB episodes. This ALL started for me worrying about the Colonscopy on Dec. 2, 2014. I had my 1st episode then with PVC's. Then the "mind games" start causing the issue to magnify itself.

I take Klonopin to help me thru it along with other chronic illness.

My resting heart rate is up 10 bpm in the last 2 weeks over Anxiety issues thinking of the worse.
January 07, 2015 06:26PM
Tim - the muscle twitching is typically magnesium... because...magnesium relaxes and calcium contracts or is excitatory to muscles...so contraction/spasm means calcium is dominating over magnesium....it's easier to deplete magnesium than calcium but both can be low if your tissue pH is acidic because the body uses stored minerals as buffers to protect the kidneys by keeping blood pH in the proper range.

BUT, remember that all electrolytes work together... Too much calcium.. competes with magnesium... too much sodium competes with potassium... etc... So start first with the magnesium and if nothing changes work on increasing potassium from foods or potassium supplements.

As for the Waller Water... in a recent post to Kevin.. at this link [www.afibbers.org] ...
just scroll down through the posts until you see it.

I gave Kevin abbreviated instructions which may be easier to follow... this is really quick and easy.....

So.. yes.. once you add the MoM to the chilled Seltzer and let it sit until the mix in the bottle is clear... this mix is then the concentrate... and you then add the concentrate to your drinking water... in the amounts specified or double the amounts of you start with 2 liters of Seltzer rather than 1 liter.

Send me a PM if I can help clarify more. After the first batch... you can do it in a snap.

Jackie
January 08, 2015 12:50AM
tsco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Smackman, Glad to hear no Afib. My procedure was
> in Feb 2014 and had a fairly good run except for
> lately I am getting more and more pac's a pvc here
> and there. It is discouraging. Havent had any
> sustained afib but I find the pac's etc about as
> stressful. Not sure what to do. Along with winter
> that hit pretty hard here in KY this week I am
> down in the dumps. I had been feeling pretty
> upbeat and this starts and just regresses me back
> to the beginning....cycles of thoughts of here we
> go again! Ironically my eye and calf muscle is
> twitching too so maybe Im low on something??? I
> had been taking a multivit and hydrating. It
> seems to me the healthier I try to be the more
> problems I have. It's very dis-heartening (no pun
> intended).
> Tim

I had a Natale ablation on November 13th and have been having many PVC's. This may have nothing to do with the ablation in my case, as I had stopped amiodarone in July and more PVC's may be showing up as more amiodarone leaves my system (in general I felt good from a cardiac standpoint on amio). In any event, we'll see down the line whether or not we need to do a follow-up ablation for PVCs.

I also am having fairly frequent eye twitching (and other areas too a few months ago, though not recently) which I had not thought about being possibly related until Tim's post here.

Shannon tells me I definitely should take magnesium but I've been resistant, partly due to laziness, partly cost, partly being leery of supplements or other things that don't have solid research behind them. Almost certainly I should be trying it though...the small effort and say $100 to try it out for a little while is certainly worth the chance that it prevents me from having to undergo a future ablation.
Anonymous User
January 08, 2015 04:18AM
5 degrees in Maine as well, wouldn't you like to trade places? Supposed to go down to 2 degrees sometime before daylight, too. Pretty good wind out there as well.
PeggyM
January 08, 2015 09:27AM
Johnny - There is a huge amount of research on magnesium... and the ailments that come from magnesium deficiency.

You can read here all the magnesium posts... giving the science behind it... or you can go to Paul Mason's website
www.mgwater.com.... and start reading there. If you are ambitious, start reading in the classic book by magnesium researcher, Mildred Seelig, MD, MPH.... "Magnesium Deficiency in the Pathogenesis of Disease"... it's filled with research and proof that a body deficient in magnesium has many health ailments.... including arrhythmias.

There is absolutely no question that anyone with AF needs to be taking magnesium supplements as many former afibbers here have actually reversed their AF and have avoided having ablations by optimizing all of their electrolytes including magnesium....and avoiding that which depletes magnesium such as alcohol, medications, and chemical additives in food and more. It's certainly worth trying because any time one can avoid an invasive procedure, it's a good day.

Ask questions and we can help guide you to info to help you.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login