Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nattokinase with or without food

Posted by alexe 
nattokinase with or without food
December 29, 2014 11:54PM
Gentlepersons,

I have read on some products with food[cardiokinase] some on an empty stomach, some articles say with or without food.

Is it completely unimportant or are there more specific guidelines for best practice?

Thanks

Alex
Re: nattokinase with or without food
December 30, 2014 02:31PM
Alex - Cardiokinase is the strong, reliable product .... note their dosing directions:

[www.purerxo.com]

More data [www.forresthealth.com]

Jackie
January 11, 2015 11:29AM
Alex's question is interesting, and one I share. The purexo.com site gives these dosage instructions:

Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 3 SoftGels daily six hours apart, in divided doses. For best results, take additional SoftGels at bedtime.

Aside for the "at bedtime" instruction, here is no specific advice as far as I can see about whether nattokinase is better absorbed on an empty stomach, or whether it can be taken with meals.

As I say, I'm also curious about this point. Anyone have any information on this point?
January 11, 2015 01:43PM
In108,

I take four Doctor's Best nattokinase each day; one capsule an hour prior to breakfast, one capsule mid afternoon on empty stomach, and two capsules just before bed on empty stomach. Doctor's Best nattokinase label reads "between meals".
I take two Doctor's Best Serrapeptase each day; one capsule with the one nattokinase an hour prior to breakfast and one Serrapeptase with the two nattokinase just before bed on empty stomach. Doctor's Best serrapeptase label reads: "away from food". I also take one Fibrenza along with the nattokinase and serrapeptase just before bed on empty stomach. Fibrenza label reads "on an empty stomach (at least 45 minutes before or 60 minutes after meals). Am into my fourth year of this protocol.

The following is a quote from an article titled..... Nattokinase: Clinical updates from Doctors Support its Safety and Efficacy. "In general, I consider a low dose one 100 milligram/2000 FU softgel capsule 2 or 3 times a day; a medium dose two capsules 2 or 3 times a day, and a high dose three to four capsules 2 or 3 times a day. Capsules are taken on an empty stomach." Scroll down to page 2 [preparemd.productinformation.s3.amazonaws.com]
January 11, 2015 05:27PM
Alex - I'm thinking that the advice has always been to take NK on an empty stomach away from meals by several hours and at bedtime when your stomach is also empty. That way the enzyme has no other competition.... just as Larry describes in his protocols.

The nightly dose of a higher count is especially important to help avoid blood clots that form when the levels of the PAI-1 are the lowest... (Plasminogen Activator Inhibitor - 1) in the early morning hours when heart attacks or strokes are most likely to occur.

Jackie
January 12, 2015 07:24PM
Pure Prescriptions directs: "take....with or without food". They also emphasize the importance of bedtime Nattokinase dosing.

Louise
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login