Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Canadian ablation

Posted by judianne 
Canadian ablation
November 21, 2014 06:03PM
Hello All,

I just wanted to let you know that I had my ablation on Tuesday with Dr. Khaykin at Southlake. He made a point of telling me the procedure was "perfect". I have no sense of what it meant but he also noted that he had to ablate one spot on the right. There was a software glitch (fixed) so I don't have an exact sense of the time, but it took about 2 hours.

I felt great immediately post the procedure. Incisions are healing quickly. A surprisingly slight sore throat from the TEE, which only lasted for a day, and drowsiness from the sedation were really the only side effects I experienced. They now have me on Sotalol which I think is making me bloated and a bit tired (I don't do well with BB's) but in the great scheme of things it's a small price to pay. To be honest, I feel like a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

Anyway, I was very impressed with the whole group....not only the doctor himself, but all his staff and all the people at the hospital. It felt like a welcoming place from the moment we walked through the door. I'll keep you posted on my progress over the next 2 to 3 months. But at this point I would certainly give the Southlake group a very positive recommendation.
Re: Canadian ablation
November 22, 2014 12:21PM
Murray will be glad to hear this.
November 23, 2014 06:17PM
Congrats Judiane take it easy and don't overdo anything. It takes time to heal fully.

It seems Southlake is the only facility in Canada that gets top grades. Does anyone know if it is accessible to anyone outside of Ontario?

Ron
November 24, 2014 11:15AM
Good to hear Judianne,

You did pick a good center in Canada for sure. take it easy and enjoy the return to NSR!

Shannon
November 24, 2014 11:33AM
That's great news Judianne. Hopefully, it will be one and done for you.

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2014 06:08PM by mailman52.
November 27, 2014 04:53PM
Ron I totally agree. prior to going to Bordeaux i had tried emailing Dr.s' Verma and Khaykin to inquire about the possibility of ablation there but received no reply. I think a letter from a Dr. might have gotten a better response. C'est la vie. My Dr. Hocini ablation in Bordeaux is still holding up. 2 years 7months with only an occasional skipped beat.

Judianne I'm glad you found the best in Canada. Rest and heal.

cheers

Adrian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2014 05:33PM by Adrian.
December 01, 2014 09:52PM
Hi my Fellow Canadian,
I to have just had an Ablation at Southlake with Dr. Verma back in March of this year . So far everything has gone really well. I have had an occasional cluster of beats,( is the only way I can describe it ). But is very short lived a few seconds and thats all. Nothing that makes me feel at all anxious that I am headed to another bout of A-fib . Heart is very quiet . Glad to hear that all is going well with you also an things are healing . . Keep us posted

Cheers

Rosemarie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login