Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MTHFR genetic defect again

Posted by lkwetter 
MTHFR genetic defect again
September 11, 2014 06:11PM
I posted some time ago about the MTHFR genetic defect and its impact on the heart. I found out about this from a friend who was diagnosed with it. I decided after reading up on it to get tested. My results came back showing my methyl cycle (the body's mechanisms for detoxifying itself) is genetically impaired by 60%. So, I started these supplements:

Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium)
Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate)
Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate)
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)
TMG is also suggested but I couldn't tolerate it

I want to report that I have had truly amazing results in improvement of my health, sleep, and energy. I can only suppose it is also helping my heart. (I've had an ablation and so haven't had a-fib in a while.)

I urge people to get checked for this. It has been so worth it to me.
[mthfr.net]

If your methyl cycle is impaired you cannot detoxify your body and rebuild tissues well. You may also be deficient in important vitamins and hormones.
Re: MTHFR genetic defect again
September 11, 2014 08:30PM
Thanks! I've submitted a 23andMe test, but not received results yet. I also understand you can run the 23andMe data through <[www.snpedia.com]

George
September 12, 2014 09:50AM
That's good news... and is totally expected with the proper support to the methylation process.

Jackie
September 15, 2014 07:45PM
Hi Tish,

I did a 23andMe test and ran it through MTHFR Support for their $20 report. Who or how did you interpret it?

By the way, I recall you are in El Paso. I grew up there.

Thanks!

George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login