Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega-Mag

Posted by JohnBM 
Mega-Mag
September 05, 2014 01:30PM
Hi Folks,
It magnesium buying time again for me and i found this Mega-Mag on Amazon.
I did a forum search with no result, but i wonder has anyone tried it?
Regards
John
Re: Mega-Mag
September 05, 2014 02:39PM
John,

When I looked at the "supplement facts" it shows a lot of chloride. <[ecx.images-amazon.com] So this means it is a mag chloride solution. Not that this is bad, I use magnesium chloride myself. You may be able to get mag chloride flakes and make your own solution for less. Mag chloride is about 25.5% magnesium by weight. I dissolve 1/2 cup in 2 liters water. 1/2 cup is about 64 grams of MgCl2 or 16 grams of Mag. So 100 ml of this solution is 0.8 grams Mag, doing the math. You could adjust the solution to whatever you wanted. As part of the mag I consume, I use 100 ml of this solution morning and night.

George
September 05, 2014 04:08PM
Thanks George i might follow your lead on that.
I just bought this mag 400 to replace DoctorsBest.
Hope i did the right thing, as the label states that 2 caps provide 400mg, so its the same as the 200 variety! Ah the power of advertising.
September 15, 2014 01:54PM
JohnBM - Be aware of the labeling on this 400 mg product...

...."Bluebonnet's Magnesium 400 mg Capsules provide magnesium from reacted magnesium aspartate. Available in easy-to-swallow vegetable capsules for maximum assimilation and absorption."

While you may tolerate this aspartate combination, be aware of the comments about consuming any forms of aspartate, Three amino acids..... glutamate, aspartate, and cysteine are known to be excitatory.

I certainly hope this product causes you no problem, but in case something does occur, be suspect of the aspartate form.

Be well,
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login