Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One year post-ablation checkup with Steven Hao at CPMC: One and done

Posted by Iatrogenia 
One year post-ablation checkup with Steven Hao at CPMC: One and done
July 25, 2014 07:00PM
Hello, all --

I had my Holter monitor for a week and then my one-year checkup -- Dr. Hao said I was in the 85% of his successful ablations and probably one-and-done.

He even took me off aspirin for anticoagulation (I know, it's weak) because I think it's been causing me some sensitivity problems. (I have 5 tabs of Xarelto at home for pill-in-pocket anticoagulation should I go into afib.)

For anticoagulation, I'm taking 3,000 mg fish oil per day (also very weak evidence). Nattokinase is on the back burner until I clear up what seem to be some food sensitivities.

Any way, cross fingers, one and done!

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
Re: One year post-ablation checkup with Steven Hao at CPMC: One and done
July 25, 2014 09:04PM
Congratulations! I am approx. 5 months into my 1st ablation with Dr. Natale. I have had ZERO issues and I was a persistent affiber.

I know you are excited and I can understand why. Good luck and Gods speed in your walk of NSR!
July 25, 2014 10:35PM
Great news from both of You. Congratulations, I'm scheduled on Aug 12th with Dr Schweikert. Looking forward to getting it over with and starting fresh.

John
July 25, 2014 10:44PM
Great news and congratulations!
July 25, 2014 11:43PM
Lat, you've joined the one and done club. Congratulations!

Jim
July 26, 2014 01:14PM
Super news Iatrogenia!

It pays to go to very experienced EPs trained by the best. One big metric in making the choice, if you just can't go to Dr Natale of one of the other true elites for example, is to make sure your EP not only does a bare minimum of 200 ablations a year but that he or she ONLY does AFIB/FLutter with possibly some VT ablations too where they overlap,

But don't go to someone who dabbles in AF ablation while also doing pacemakers, TEEs and a host of other distractions from their sole dedicated focus on this very challenging procedure to master.

Best wishes to be 'one and done' for good!

Shannon
July 27, 2014 02:08AM
Yes, indeed, as you may recall, I asked this board's opinion of Steven Hao, who was trained by Dr. Natale, before having the ablation. You all helped me make this important decision!

Thank you, Shannon, for your invaluable advice, and thank you to all for your good wishes. I wish you all peaceful normal sinus rhythm.

I'll check in here from time to time, but CROSS FINGERS, it won't be for a relapse of afib.

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2014 02:09AM by Iatrogenia.
July 28, 2014 03:27AM
Good to hear as you had the utmost confidence in Dr Hao!
I'm sure it's one and done from another great EP.

Best,

McHale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login