Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UK ablation just past the 1 year mark

Posted by Heather 
UK ablation just past the 1 year mark
May 30, 2014 06:35AM
Hi all

Just to say all is good for me at the 1 year mark post first PVAI ablation. No afib, no meds, occasional ectopy but nothing major that can't be settled down with potassium glycinate. I still take Magnesium Glycinate but only 200g as any more affects my bowels! also K7 and D3, I tried fish oils for the ectopy but I think they made it worse. I am still careful to avoid triggers, I am mostly Paleo and avoid wheat like the plague. I now do Pilates and Yoga and have renewed my gym membership however no more body pump for me sticking to maintenance fitness level and not too crazy.

I am so glad I opted for an ablation, I have my life back ! It's only when back in NSR that you realise what you have been putting up with and how much it had affected you physically and mentally.

Rgds
Heather
Re: UK ablation just past the 1 year mark
May 30, 2014 12:18PM
Great, Heather. Where did you have the ablation done? Just curious

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2014 01:45PM by afhound99.
Anonymous User
May 30, 2014 02:07PM
Good to hear from you, Heather and also glad to hear you are doing well, post ablation.

Enjoy life!
Jackie
May 30, 2014 05:40PM
Hi afhound I was lucky and had private healthcare, went to Harley St, London, my EP was Dr Rinaldi.
May 31, 2014 02:51AM
Wonderful news Heather! Keep up the NSR!

George
June 19, 2014 01:20AM
Hi, Heather. Very good to hear!

When you say "occasional ectopy," what are the sensations you're experiencing?

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
June 26, 2014 09:00PM
Hi sorry Latrogenia have been on holiday ! smiling smiley ( something I was so afraid to do when I had afib). I get what I think are isolated single missed beats (sometimes feels like a balloon inflate or squeeze and release type spasm followed by a momentary hot flash but that could be my moment of panic on feeling the missed beat !) i usually get it with indigestion, and seems to come in cycles much like my old afib episodes but I just take a teaspoon of potassium glycinate and it calms down. I am pondering whether I should be more consistent with my potassium intake and maybe take it in smaller doses more often but afraid to overdose and don't want to purchase a cardy meter. In any case the ectopy does not go into afib and I am happy to live with it. I consider myself lucky compared to others with more frequent ectopy.

Hope this helps ?

Rgds
Heather
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login