Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New member of the Natale fanclub

Posted by milleniaman 
New member of the Natale fanclub
May 19, 2014 02:33PM
Greetings fellow afibbers,
A week ago today Dr. Natale ablated me. He found spots in both atria (vestige of a failed flutter ablation included), and spots on the back? wall with no LAA involvement. As an episode of afib occured Friday over several hoursand terminated 15 hrs later with multaq I am cautiously optimistic.
One thought I keep having regards the fact that my heart function is improved pre-ablation nsr compared to post-ablation nsr. Is the housekeeeping he did in eliminating "spots" possibly responsible for my sense of better blood flow in my brain as demonstrated by mental clarity improvement? That would be a major benefit even if the afib returns in my opinion.
A second such benefit is the relief I am experiencing from trembling in my chest cavity. Apparently Murray experiences the same thing. Murray- the trembling is receding and currently imperceptible though it came alive when I went back on Multaq Friday and Saturday so hopefully you will get the same benefit from your ablation.
My procedure was aparently routine though the burn time was doubled from 30 minutes to 1 hour according to my nurse, Curry Tenenbrock.

Not celebrating yet,
John C
Re: New member of the Natale fanclub
May 20, 2014 08:16AM
Hi there John
Seems your ablation was just 3 days ahead of mine with you Monday and me Thursday. Nice to have someone to compare with. We went there from CT, i am 47 years old and in pretty good shape. Normally a runner and spinner but have been sidelined for many months as high heart rate but me in a fib. Are you in Texas or did you travel there as well?

Also I posted that i had mild pain for 48 hours then gone which was great. Then Day 4 (yesterday) a new and different pain started in my lower sternum. Hurts when i swallow even saliva. Making me a little crazy as i read that is when the ulcers and fistulas start. I have to say i didn't expect this.
How has your recovery been? Was this your first or second ablation?...and you are you feeling now?
Best
Susan
May 20, 2014 03:14PM
Hi Susan,

I had some problems with my esophagus and am still a little sore. It's been inflamed from the entubation by the anesthesiologist. I was told to take ibuprophen for 2 days for discomfort but never took it. You should monitor the situation with a view toward possible infection. Good luck. I travelled from Memphis and am a long sufferering couch potato.

I hope to resume a more active life and things are progressing though on day 4 there was a 10 hour episode of afib which I reported and recorded as per the instructions using the portable monitor we were given. Did you get yours?
May 20, 2014 08:51PM
I did get my portable monitor. Day 4 was yesterday and so far so good on that front was told to send it 1 week so that is tomorrow or wednesday. Was your pain at bottom of you esophagus near sternum? Or up higher?
3 months and couch potatoe no more.
I walked 1/2 mile 2x yesterday and 2x today.
Hopefully by 1 week 1 mile
2 weeks 2 miles.
Join me we will do it together and keep each other in the loop
xo
susan
May 22, 2014 06:11PM
Susan,
It's a joy to be on my feet but due to recurring episodes of some type of arrhythmia, I can't celebrate yet.
It's great to have the recorder but they want to put me back on my meds and I don't care for them. There has been a net benefit though. My nsr post-ablation is better than nsr pre-ablation!

My chest discomfort isn't like yours, though. It's higher up and there was some mucus that I believe was associated with it.
That's not a concern for me at all at this point. I hope you get yours sorted out soon.

John

persistent flutter treating with enzymes, acupuncture, supps,
May 22, 2014 08:18PM
Oh no you are having arrhythmia. I am so sorry. How long is it lasting. What was your NSR like and what is it like now?
My swallowing pain is better now on the meds 4 days. I am walking a little each day.
susan
May 23, 2014 05:19PM
Milleniaman and Susafib,

As a reminder, it is not at all necessarily an issue to have some breakthrough arrhythmia .. likely flutter ... post ablation in the blanking period as it is for both of you. SO Susan keep this in mind too in case you experience a bit of this as well in the coming few weeks, that is is NOT a big concern inherently. Give it at least two months to three maximum to settle down and only then, if there is some on-going breakthroughs you can start to consider the likely need for a touch up. It's the rare minority that have zero arrhythmia of any kind post ablation even during the blanking period.

Shannon
May 27, 2014 12:12AM
Shannon-
My condition is playing out favorably as you suggested. The episodes have almost completely stopped over the last week and relaxation is setting in. It's so welcome.
Thanks to Susanafib too
John C

persistent flutter treating with enzymes, acupuncture, supps,
May 27, 2014 08:44AM
Sounds like you're both doing great..
PH
May 27, 2014 07:23PM
Hi Susan. I'm from CT as well and was ablated in TX by Andrea about 7 weeks ago. Doing great, hiking, tennis, zero recurrence and even allowing myself a few beers and wine here and there. I used to get post ablation afib after my Bordeaux ablations, but NOTHING post Texas although it was a more aggressive ablation given LAA isolation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login