Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A-Fib or Flutter is back after 11 months

Posted by MichaelT1960 
A-Fib or Flutter is back after 11 months
May 14, 2014 07:21PM
Well I had an ablation over three years ago and haven't had A-Fib in almost a year. I usually would get it in the afternoon but for some reason I now have been getting it (4 days in a row) right after waking up and using the bathroom! I would go back into bed and then it would start upsad smiley

It has been lasting several hours before stopping.

Anybody have any idea why this is all of a sudden happening to me? Why in the morning and for days in a row???

I am 54 years old and not in a good mood!

Michael
Re: A-Fib or Flutter is back after 11 months
May 14, 2014 08:35PM
This is a not uncommon finding Michael, many ablations require a touch up after a year or two or three, Its not unusual. Continued structural remodeling is one reason, latent triggers sources not entirely transmurally ablated the first time but perhaps stunned for a long period of time only to come alive or reconnect is also a possibility.

I know its disappointing but with the right choice for a follow-up touch up ablation, and it even possible your original EP might be fine, then your odds of getting a much longer reprieve, and quite possibly indefinitely, are very good. Just make sure whom ever you chose has lots of experience doing repeat ablations with great success.

Best Wishes,
Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2014 09:25AM by Shannon.
May 15, 2014 05:43AM
I don't have much to add in terms of how to help, but just wanted to give a post of support!
May 15, 2014 09:27AM
Michael - I had a similar breakthrough experiences in years 4, 5 and 6 after my ablation. As a result of my reversing that, I wrote The Strategy which is now being revised to include several other key points. But what I found was that I had become somewhat lax in optimizing intake of the core, critical electrolytes...magnesium, potassium, watching sodium, etc.

Read through The Strategy and let me know if I can help steer you to a specific area that needs attention. Also, read through CR 72....a large number of people are unaware of the importance of the potassium-to-sodium ratio in dietary intake... Afibbers are especially vulnerable to imbalances.

The Strategy - What Metabolic Cardiology Means to Afibbers
[www.afibbers.org]

Conference Room Session 72
Potassium/Sodium Ratio in Atrial Fibrillation
[www.afibbers.org]

Jackie
May 15, 2014 01:10PM
Hey Michael sorry about your experience

you say your ablation was over three years ago......but this is episodes since a year
It kind of sounds like maybe you had episodes post ablation (first two years), so I agree with Shannon in that you should maybe look at a touch-up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login