Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No Flecainide

Posted by tsco 
No Flecainide
February 21, 2014 08:21AM
My Ablation is scheduled for tuesday and I stopped my flecainide wednesday. I am already having a few bumps here and there. I am afraid for this weekend what if I go into afib? Did the flecainide keep my afib rate down? Not sure what it will feel like while not on the medication. Will my rate be tolerable? I cant take a pill so if I have an episode do I just sit at home and hope for the best, wait for tuesday or do I go to the hospital? Geez this is more stressful than worrying about the ablation. The docs never prep you for what ifs ????
Re: No Flecainide
February 21, 2014 12:59PM
Tsco,

Refer to the exact same issue in Smackmans tread found here and you will see the answer he got back from Dr Natale's nurse as he is on his way next week to get his ablation Thursday in Austin and have identical concerns as you do once off Multaq in his case.

Here is the thread to find you answer but be sure to double check with your own nurse at Dr Tomassoni's office too. And once you get the immediate release Metoprolol use it only if and when you should trigger and only if the AFIB is so fast that its hard to take. Otherwise just take a small dose to keep the rate a little more tolerable and try not to take any for the 12 hours prior to going in for your ablation.

Best of luck
Shannon

By the way, I am going to me in Austin next week for a EP-Live 2014 conference in which a recorded Gery Tomassoni FIRM/PVAI ablation will be shown so perhaps that will be you?! Or at least a case very much like yours. In any event, it will be interesting to watch just two days after your own procedure and I can fill you in later on what it looks like.
February 21, 2014 02:39PM
Awesome Shannon thanks so much. Actually that may be my case! I have a complexity of challenges as I am finding now most of us do!
February 21, 2014 04:37PM
tsco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Awesome Shannon thanks so much. Actually that may
> be my case! I have a complexity of challenges as
> I am finding now most of us do!

Hi Tsco,

I wouldn't be surprised if it is your case Dr Tomassoni shows to the group of EPs I will be with on Thursday. Ironically enough, our friend here on the board Smackman, who I and others here urged to go to Dr Natale when he found our sight a few months ago and had been referred to another EP for a persistent AFIB case who none of us had heard of and who doesn't have a long track record of success with persistent cases in a modest Louisiana town, is also getting his ablation for long standing persistent AFIB on Thursday morning and it is begin shown to us all live ...

Quite a serendipity that I now be there in Austin watching Smackman's case unfold live right there, and then see your case on recorded video from two days earlier.

Small world indeed. I should break out the popcorn (organic low salt of course :-) as it will be like enjoying a day at the movies with friends.

Shannon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2014 03:27PM by Shannon.
February 23, 2014 07:32PM
I have been off Multaq 48 hours. So far, I am doing okay. Nerves are my worse enemy. My Heart Rate is still in the low 60's. I am trying really hard to think positive and keeping the Anxiety level down.
February 23, 2014 08:14PM
Hey Smackman, so glad you're doing ok so far! And I'm really glad you're working on positive thinking. The anxiety won't go away, but you CAN keep it down to manageable proportions. Remember what we talked about...don't let the anxious thought get the last word in, always have a "comeback" for each anxious thought. Remember, anxiety cheats and is always biased on the negative side. Your job is to keep it honest and come up with a more balanced thought for the immediate issue at hand. Actively counter each anxious thought that pops up. And of course do plenty of whatever else you know to be calming for you, as well. You're going to get through this and come out smiling on the other end. - Randy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login