Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IP6 (Inositol Hexaphosphate) and Heart Rhythm

Posted by Sam 
Sam
IP6 (Inositol Hexaphosphate) and Heart Rhythm
February 20, 2014 09:34AM
On the 18th I posted re taking Trimethoprim for a possible Urinary Tract Infection.

I agreed with the advice given and started using D Mannose instead.

I received the tests results today - all clear. Normally a welcome result except the front runner now for my symptoms - slightly increased frequency, greatly increased urgency and burning - is Prostate Cancer.

I received a delivery of IP6 today which is being highly touted as a cancer cure especially Prostate & Breast cancer. My question now, as always since Afib started is, will the treatment affect my heart rhythm?

Any comments very much appreciated before I start the supplement.

Thanks

Sam
Re: IP6 (Inositol Hexaphosphate) and Heart Rhythm
February 20, 2014 11:03AM
IP6 shouldn't hurt Sam, but we are all experiments of one when it comes to nutrients and how we metabolize them but IP6 is quite benign and I have taken it at times without any notable CV effects. AS to 'curing' Prostate Cancer that might be a tall order, but its worth the try and can benefit immune function as well as some CV markers. The main thing is to take a good area of chelated minerals, without a lot of calcium, but especially keep up with sufficient magnesium and potassium intake as IP6 can act as a mineral chelator and lower levels of certain minerals.

Shannon
February 20, 2014 05:18PM
I was diagnosed with low grade localized prostate cancer 5 years ago. IP6 was one of the supplements I used for about 9 months. I also incorporated the budwig protocol (4 months), modified citrus pectin, zyflamend, turmeric, activamune. Eventually I stopped all supplements and focused on diet and lifestyle.

The good news is that a heart healthy diet is also a prostate healthy diet so I added plenty of fruits and vegetables to my diet (10 to 15 servings per day). This included BroccoSprouts developed by John Hopkins. One of my primary sources of protein was eating natto on a daily basis. I recenlty stopped natto and switched to tempeh because I started xarelto and was not sure if it was contraindicted due to the nattokinase in natto. If someone knows the answer to this I would greatly appreciate it.

Since my initial positive biopsy all subsequent biopsies, ultrasounds and mri's have not shown the presence of any cancer. My psa is now lower than what it was when initially diagnosed. Of course it is impossible to know how much the ip6 contributed to this or for that matter if I still have prostate cancer but the tests have not detected it.

I did not have any symptoms when diagnosed with pc.

Allan
Sam
February 22, 2014 10:29AM
Thanks for the replies.

Shannon - I always keep my magnesium and Potassium intake at optimal levels. While some web sites warn about possible dangers of removing essential minerals the majority I researched concluded this was not a problem, especially if taken on an empty stomach.

Allan - great to hear you got rid of your cancer! I wonder which of your protocols did the trick?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login