Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Epigenetics

Posted by William 
Epigenetics
February 11, 2014 04:01AM
Epigenetics is the answer to Methylation Dysfunction, the paleolithic diet and our prayers.
I learned this a few hours ago by listening to Dr. Bruce Lipton PhD, a biologist who practically invented the field.
The only good description AFAIK is Coast to Coast-2013-05-02-The Honeymoon Effect which I got from iptorrents.com. This is probably illegal in the U.S A, but might be had from other archives.
There is a good presentation at:[www.innereyepublishing.com]
Re: Epigenetics
February 12, 2014 12:06PM
Wow! The answer to my prayers!
February 12, 2014 02:29PM
I took the time to go through some of the pictures in that link, but if they want to sell the book I think they need to do a better presentation.
February 13, 2014 06:51PM
William - Belated thank you for your most timely and valuable post with that Foreword by Bruce Lipton. Here's the first couple of paragraphs.. definitely everyone should read the whole piece. Plus, if you Google his name, there are a lot of YouTube presentations as well. Great stuff.
Best to you,
Jackie

Foreword

Earlier in my career as a research scientist and medical school professor, I actively supported the perspective that the human body was a "biochemical machine `programmed' by its genes." We scientists believed that human strengths, such as artistic or intellectual abilities, and weaknesses, such as cardiovascular disease, cancer or depression, were traits that had been preprogrammed into our genes. Hence, I perceived life's attributes and deficits, as well as our health and our frailties, as merely a reflection of our heredity.

In 1980, however, my research began to reveal that this perspective on the nature of life was flawed. By 1985 I realized that rather than being controlled by our genes, our cells are controlled by their perception of the environment. I formulated a hypothesis that the "brain" of the cell was actually the cell membrane, and I was offered an opportunity to test this hypothesis as a research fellow at Stanford University's School of Medicine in 1987. My theory on the control of our cells by our perceptions was substantiated in two major scientific publications. This pioneering research presaged one of today's most active areas of investigation, epigenetics, the science of how genes are controlled by the environment and-more importantly-by our perception of that environment.

[Continue at the link William provides.. to read the rest of his Foreword]

Bruce Lipton, Ph.D.
Santa Cruz, California
July 15, 2003
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login