Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone experienced weather (drop in barometric pressure) as trigger for LAF?

Posted by Suzukimarillyn 
Has anyone experienced weather (drop in barometric pressure) as trigger for LAF?
December 17, 2013 01:51PM
Rain (drop in barometric pressure) seems to be one of the triggers for my LAF. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this. I also seem to have some relief from the frequency of palpitations (precursor to LAF) taking a VERY low dose of Alprazolam (Xanax) 0.25 mg. twice a day to relieve stress.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2013 03:01PM by Hans Larsen.
Re: Has anyone experienced weather (drop in barometric pressure) as trigger for LAF?
December 17, 2013 03:07PM
You might be interested to read the following from the archives of The AFIB Report:

[www.afibbers.com]

Hans
JMR
Re: Has anyone experienced weather (drop in barometric pressure) as trigger for LAF?
December 18, 2013 09:06AM
took me years to make the relationship, but yes I have. Mike
Do you have episodes more frequently before or during rain? Have you found anything that helps? I can usually shorten the episode by taking Propafenone or Diltiazim.
December 18, 2013 11:34PM
December 19, 2013 07:49PM
I have noticed on a number of occasions that I get PACs sometimes leading to AF when an area of low pressure is moving up the east coast of the U.S. As the center of the low approaches Virginia, my symptoms occur.
December 19, 2013 10:08PM
Had an episode today, and it was raining. Would not be surprised is there is a connection between barometric pressure and AFIB episodes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login