Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question about "supplements

Posted by smackman 
Question about "supplements
December 16, 2013 11:53AM
I have been on the WW water for a week; at lest 48 ounces a day. I have had zero issues with this. My wife is also drinking the WW water to help her with nighttime leg cramps.

What should be my next step in taking supplements? I have persistent AFIB but am currently in NSR doing well. I also have Intertestial Cystitus but it is much better because of Elmiron and the IC diet I follow.

I also love this forum and the knowledge about AFIB! I go to see Dr. Natalie Jan. 21,2014 in Austin, Texas. I would have never heard of this great EP if it was not for this forum.
Re: Question about "supplements
December 16, 2013 02:23PM
Smackman - Since you mention Elmiron, be sure you ask about compatibility with that drug and whatever anticoagulant Dr. Natale prescribes for you for the ablation procedure....just to be sure it doesn't get missed.

Glad to know you are tolerating the WW. It will serve you well both for the magnesium and the alkalizing properties for the rest of your life.

Take the time to read about the therapeutic benefits of the magnesium bicarbonate water at this link
[web.archive.org]

As for adding supplements and since your ablation date is not far off, a conservative suggestion would be to consider minor dosing of those nutrients mentioned in The Strategy report. While you can benefit greatly from the magnesium bicarbonate content delivered in the WW, you may find that also adding some of the amino acid chelated version of magnesium glycinate by the Albion process is useful to replete and maintain your optimized intracellular levels.

Most afibbers are found to be very low in intracellular magnesium. And, they often are low in potassium and high in sodium. Read at these links for an overview of the electrolyte repletion and balancing aspect and consider making separate additions for each nutrient so you can determine your compatibility. Many afibbers have found that they need to increase their potassium intake and also watch for hidden sources of salt (sodium) from processed food sources. If you are able to get these fairly well managed and balanced prior to your ablation, it should help stabilize considerably. Then, post ablation, you can decide if you want to pursue more for continued heart health support as well as overall health.

The Strategy - What Metabolic Cardiology Means to Afibbers
[www.afibbers.org]

Conference Room Session 72
Potassium/Sodium Ratio in Atrial Fibrillation (February 7 - June 11, 2011)
[www.afibbers.org]

I wish you well in Austin on January 21 !!!

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login