Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How I cured my afib without invasive surgery or drugs

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
How I cured my afib without invasive surgery or drugs
December 08, 2013 05:23PM
I did it without drugs or surgery. I realized drugs will never cure it because the drug companies are not in the cure business they are in the lifetime treatment business. Any that want to rid themselves of this curse and are serious about it I would be glad to share my story while those that want to say I am nuts can just keep on doing whatever it is that is not curing it. Of course there are those mental midgets that always think there is a catch and that I am selling something, that is not the case. It took me thirty years and a lot of trial and error and well as a fortune spent on supplements to finally find the key, and rest assured there is a cure.
Re: How I cured my afib without invasive surgery or drugs
December 08, 2013 07:10PM
I think everyone would be interested in a "sure thing." I believe you have posted before to "cure your gut, cure anything," maybe not in those exact words. I am certainly open to hearing your story. I think I asked you before how I would know to cure my gut when I don't have any gut issues, and never have (at least not obvious ones, such as bloating, GERD, IBS, constipation, diarrhea, pains, etc. I have permanent irregular heart rate but have never been to an ER or in the hospital for it. If you are referring to your diet changes, I would love to know what you specifically did. I AM one of those people who do NOT eat properly and I know it.

Louise
Anonymous User
December 08, 2013 08:22PM
Gut issues do not have to be pain or issues like chrons or ibs which I did not have. Everything could just be fine and dandy in your eyes, all the while parasites and or candida could be in the body. You could have leaky gut and not even know it. Most people do not even know what leaky gut is. You could have adrenals problems and just not know it and AFIB is a major symptom of adrenal malfunction. Too much cortisol can cause heart problems to little can cause Ra arthritis. All chronic degenerative disease begins in the colon. Here is what I did. Over the years I have eliminated meat, and changed my diet with no effect on the afib. I have tried about everything there was to try, until I hit on the probiotics, and the bentonite. Nothing clears acids,pathogens, candida, and other trash from the colon better. Nothing else is as good for healing leaky gut. My body was not in bad shape but I was carrying a rather large gut that never went away and that was the source of my problem. Too much cortisol, at least in my case. You could be heavy or you could have those ripples on the backs of the legs that indicate poor acid and toxic elimination by the lymphatic system. Cellulite is what they call it.Unless one looks like they did in high school or before they got the afib the body is probably toxic and afib is an indication of that at least in my case.What I did took maybe a year more or less.It does not happen overnight and there are some things that happens as the body cleanses but with the bentonite you are spared from all those cleansing reactions. Hope this helps you and any questions please let me know. The bentonite will also stabilize weight without exercise,and prevent other diseases by cleaning the acids from the bowel and reestablishing healthy bacteria. Most in the US have 85% bad bacteria and 15% good, when it should be the opposite.80% of the immune system is in the colon.. Vitamin b is made in the colon.No need to run to the doctor to get those b12 shots when the colon is healthy and has 85% good bacteria and 15% bad, instead of the opposite most have.

ron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2013 08:25PM by ronbn49.
December 08, 2013 08:39PM
Every so often people post the notion that what works for them must work for everyone. Not only that, given the nature of the "scientific processes" used, it would be difficult, if not impossible to isolate what condition or set of conditions lead to a remission or reversal of afib for any one individual. I guess all the research, trial and error, and the genetic, physical, psychological and environmental diversity found among individuals all account for nothing. I thought I had mine cured with a 4:1 potassium to sodium dietary ratio and all the hot-talk supplements (the mantra of the time on this forum) but after six months of remission the beast returned with a vengeance.

I've always been the one who ate carefully and well, yet I'm the only one in my group of friends and family who has afib. So, based on my experience, I guess that means if you want to avoid afib, eat pizzas, drink soda pop, and so on.
December 08, 2013 09:22PM
What's betonite?

Deb
December 08, 2013 10:03PM
ronbn49, you made healthy changes -- yes, that might have helped reduce your afib -- but you also lost weight. This is the problem with a sample of one: Too many variables. It could be it was the weight loss that was the solution, no matter how you got there.

I agree on the general benefit of probiotics.

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
Anonymous User
December 08, 2013 11:34PM
bentonite is a healing clay that comes in a variety of forms and what I used is an internal quality healing clay,sodium bentonite. It has the ability to soak up all impurities in the colon by absorbing and adsorbing. It also has an charge that causes pathogens and other harmful elements to be attracted and soaked up. Thats the adsorption, the absorption is the fact these toxins,pathogens and other undesirable elements will be soaked up and discharged from the body in the form of bowel movements. It is not possible for the body to absorb the clay it has to be passed from the body with the impurities inside. This process needs to be done for many months perhaps longer until the body has reached a cleansed state and can heal itself. It took me almost a year. Probiotics also are extremely important and what I suggest cleanses as well as replaces natural bacteria. Since people consider their colon little more than a nuisance they underestimate the importance of this organ that is 80% of the immune system and creator of vitamins. This is a therapy very few are even aware of that healed me. Doctors do not teach it and naturopaths do not teach it, yet the therapy has been around for 100s or thousands of years and was well know to those we called primitive.
Anonymous User
December 08, 2013 11:42PM
What I am saying is what worked for me. A person that had afib for over thirty years with the last few years being full time all day every day. I by no means claim to be an expert on what causes all the cases, just what worked for me.People can look at it take it for what its worth and use it, or not use it. I just wish I had come across this info many years ago. It would have saved me many years of afib because in my case this works in yours,, who knows. The worst that can happen is you totally detox your body has better skin, stabilize weight, and have clear bright eyes, lose any addictions, and have a desire to improve diet with fruit and vegetables not pizza and fries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2013 01:07PM by Hans Larsen.
Anonymous User
December 08, 2013 11:54PM
December 09, 2013 12:34AM
It looks like the answer is to support (and defend) the Human Immune System any way that works.

Vegetarian did not work for me, (I have the gene for diabetes) so I ended so far with a diet of animal fat and raw powdered grass-finished beef, plus a few mineral supplements.

I weigh what I did in high school, and the only disease of aging left is back pain and spaghetti legs from an old back injury - even this seems to be getting better. Slowly.
Anonymous User
December 09, 2013 12:57AM
It may be that everyone does not do well on a vegetarian diet. Some say that only blood type a does well as a vegetarian while Os do ok eating beef because they have a stronger digestive system unlike the type A. I happen to be blood type a and happen to have had a weak digestive system. low stomach acid enzymes etc. When I went to work to correct the digestive processes my a fib improved and my digestion improved. May be the vagas nerve.
December 09, 2013 08:21AM
I have always wondered why there wasn't more discussion on this board re: detoxing And candida. Balancing the minerals and such deals with problems from candida and adrenal issues, but getting to the root cause is very important. For info. On detoxing I recommend the book "Detoxify or Die". I have often thought that the reason we do better avoiding dairy and sugar is because it causes the candida to flair. I am now trying the plant based diet, vegan really. I fell off the wagon and ate gluten free pizza last night and am now in afib.
Anonymous User
December 09, 2013 09:28AM
When doing this program and the bowel and body heals you do not have to worry about the occasional pizza binge, but right now you are weak and need to get your health back as we all do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2013 01:07PM by Hans Larsen.
December 09, 2013 10:02AM
Thank you Ronbn49. I will look into the bentonite. What probiotics do you use?
Sam
December 09, 2013 10:09AM
Thanks for posting, Ron. I, for one, want to hear about anything that even one person has found helpful. It may not work for everyone but the likelihood is that some will benefit.

Your thoughts about the importance of the digestive system are, as you said, not new.

1600 years ago the Father of Modern Medicine Hippocrates said "All diseases begin in the gut".

The Ayurveda system of medicine is based on the belief that "The root of all disease is improper digestion."

And Professor Keith Scott-Mumby MD has just published a book entitled Fire in The Belly in which he states that almost all health problems are due to inflammation of the digestive tract.

Sam
Anonymous User
December 09, 2013 10:15AM
Thank you for your knowledge about how to heal. To bad modern medicine overlooks this and pollutes the body with life destroying drugs for as long as you live, which will not be long if you follow their advice. I put my drugs on the shelf and used nattokinase until I got a handle on it. I do not recommend it for others, let them be the judge of what is best for them.
December 09, 2013 10:20AM
Ronbn49, what do find is the easiest bentonite to take -- liquid or powder mixed with juice? Does it matter?

Louise
Anonymous User
December 09, 2013 10:50AM
I am sure the supplements you are taking now will heal you and you do not need to try the bentonite/probiotics. I am sure your colon is in perfect shape and you have it all under control. Please tell us your cure. As for me I have found my cure and it's bentonite and probiotics. You did not name yours.

I had silent afib for several years and always knew when I had it because in the AM my heart would be racing and in the PM upon going to bed my ears would be pounding. Sometimes in the middle of the night my racing heart would wake me. That happens no more and my doctor said I no longer have full time Afib and I have had no afib attacks. I would say that is progress wouldn't you? Maybe you and Mchale can go try some kryptonite since you seem to think this is a big joke.
December 09, 2013 11:43AM
Ronbn49, could you answer my questions above about bentonite and probiotics? I AM interested.

For those of you who feel you must be sarcastic, this site is for people to share information and their experiences. It sounds like Ronbn49 has something to offer and to those of you who do not agree with him, you could possibly just go to another post that interests you and not just put his suggestions down. There are always going to be issues and ideas that do not pertain to all of us.

Louise
December 09, 2013 12:21PM
Bentonite has been a very old, reliable gut remedy and it works amazingly well for some individuals. The mantra, Death Begins in the Colon from long ago is attributed to Dr. Bernard Jensen, D.C, who was a proponent of colon cleanses.

Detoxing the gut has been a discussion here periodically but is often overlooked by readers.

Functional Medicine practitioners always evaluate gut function and health as the first test priority since over 70-80% of the complaints they see are gut related. Hence, the mantra: " Heal the gut; heal the patient."

As mentioned in the report on the Gut Connection to Afib, there are numerous approaches to gut-related problems that could easily influence arrhythmia... inflammation being at the top of the list. Inflammation can be caused by food, pathogens, lack of good bowel flora, undigested food, alcohol, poor motility, reactions to food allergens and more.

Leaky Gut Syndrome (intestinal permeability) is definitely a result of inflammation. It takes time to repair LGS and unless the offending culprits are eliminated permanently and measures are taken to repair the GI mucosa, the inflammation and subsequent consequences continue.

Long ago, Dean alerted us to the wisdom of Michael D. Gerson, MD... and his book, The Second Brain... which referes to the nervous disorders of the gut and brain. If you are an afibber who also has gut-related issues, that book is worth reading.

Moreover, if you haven't detoxed your gut, avoided known culprits such as gluten, dairy and alcohol and are taking a high count probiotic, you should start now. If you have residual pathogenic gut bacteria, they must be recognized and eliminated. A Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) from Genova Diagnostics will identify all pathogens, whether there is an imbalance of good flora and whether you are able to breakdown food components properly. It's a must if you have unresolved inflammation.

Adding bentonite to your regimen can be useful but be sure to follow the instructions to avoid colon impaction due to dehydration. Copious water is essential.

Jackie
December 09, 2013 12:36PM
Bentonite is used to put out range fires. I used to work at a CDF air attack base and loaded that clay goop into aircraft fire bombers.
December 09, 2013 12:43PM
Tom - good analogy... put out the fire in the gut... (inflammation).

Of course benonite for medical use should be a purified, medicinal form. I have no experience with purchasing it so haven't researched that aspect. The colon therapists here use it but I've never investigated the details.

Jackie
Anonymous User
December 09, 2013 12:58PM
Jackie thank you for that very good post. You express yourself in a better way and more detail than I . I am familiar with the work of doctor Gerson, and Dr Jensen. Both pioneers in the field of health compiling information doctors simply avoid. Doctor Gerson cured Jay kordich of bladder cancer in 1948, and in that time it was considered fatal. Jay is known as the juice man and is now in his nineties living in Hawaii. Mr Gerson was rewarded for his efforts by being run out of business and murdered. The Gerson clinic and his daughter now in Mexico routinely cure people of terminal cancers, but you never ever hear about it because the drug industry and the AMA want only drugs to be sold. Healing is bad for business. Therefore doctors refuse to treat a fib in a way that heals, only treats with a lifetime of dependence on drugs.The catch 22 is a cure must be verified by spending millions for testing to be accepted. Who can afford it but the drug companies?

Ron
Anonymous User
December 09, 2013 01:28PM
Louise Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ronbn49, what do find is the easiest bentonite to
> take -- liquid or powder mixed with juice? Does
> it matter?
>
> Louise

At first I was taking powder and it bound me up because I was mixing it without enough water. Now I use the liquid because I can be consistant with my doses. The liquid is more expensive but who cares when health is involved. Lately I have been using Great Plains, but Unique healing also sells a quality product. Instructions are on the bottle. Never got bound up with the liquid.
December 09, 2013 03:24PM
"I had silent afib for several years and always knew when I had it because in the AM my heart would be racing and in the PM upon going to bed my ears would be pounding. "

That doesn't sound too silent
Anonymous User
December 09, 2013 04:16PM
afhound99 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Colindo. No, on the contrary, I am happy
> to hear of people curing their AF without
> ablation. What was it in your case? Ginger I
> believe? Now we have an alternate - a perfect
> colon. Maybe I am skeptical because I tried the
> non ablation route and it seemed to work, for a
> while (iodine in my case). Then I am also
> persuaded by silent AF as a mortality marker, and
> I reckon an EKG is a lot better at detection than
> my gut (excuse the pun). Supplements have their
> place but a 30 year regimen of them to get to
> non-AF seems just, well, weird..
Tried the iodine and other one shot remedies and it does not work. You must attack the problem from the source and in my case my source was a poorly operating digestive system with leaky gut, and toxic overload. There are those that corrected the problem with long term fasting or juice fasting. The end result is it does exactly the same thing the bentonite does except with the bentonite you can continue to eat and live a normal life. Probiotics by themselves do not work and it takes time for them to have an affect. Bentonite alone and probiotic alone do not work they must both be used and in the largest amounts you can handle. Some are taking as many as 8 tablespoons of bentonite each day the bottle calls for one or two. Quality probiotics used starts with a loading phase , load up then maintain a heavy dosage because it takes time for them to establish. also one must consume prebiotics like bananas and other foods that nourish the probiotics, like planting a little garden in your gut and fertilizing it. It may take a little trial and error and gut health research but I am sure everyone here is smart enough to figure out what to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2013 07:26PM by Hans Larsen.
December 10, 2013 09:49AM
Afhound,

"Supplements have their place but a 30 year regimen of them to get to non-AF seems just, well, weird.. "

I have to say, I've been happily "weird" for over 9 years. It hasn't been perfect, but it is pretty darn good, with as long as two years between episodes (after I had 6-9 hour episodes every 10 days and then a 2 1/2 month episode at the beginning of my afib career) . I'll happily spend a few minutes morning and evening dumping some powders in my gut in return for afib remission. Will it last forever? Who knows, but I'll take what I can get. My only restriction on activity at this point is refraining from all day max exertion, pegging my heart rate for 8 or more hours. I can do that, too, but I put myself at risk for an episode (which I ameliorate by dumping even more powder in my gut). I can participate in everything else just short of that. For example, alpine skiing very aggressively for 7 1/2 hours without a break at 12-13,000'. Or hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, backpacking & etc. I just avoid endurance races.

"Then I am also persuaded by silent AF as a mortality marker, and I reckon an EKG is a lot better at detection than my gut (excuse the pun)."

First, I'm not persuaded that this is a good mortality marker for true lone afibbers.<[www.afibbers.org]

I've had electronic monitors for nearly nine years, including an ECG machine. They have confirmed that my fingers on my pulse are a great instrument, for me, for detecting afib. In my case I always have a "feeling" when I'm in afib. I verify with my pulse and, if I have any question, I check it with an electronic monitor. I've yet to be wrong with my fingers. I commonly do a five second check a couple of times a day, so "silent afib" would need to be short lived, in my case, for me to not detect it.

If any of this were to degrade significantly, I'd be getting the soonest spot I could in Bordeaux or Austin.

George
December 10, 2013 11:19AM
I reckon I was able to tell too if I was in AF but Dr Barrett told me they see a bunch of people who feel they can tell, but who are often slipping in and out of AF (when you're asleep can count) . Anyway, if I had been able to keep AF within bounds using supplements I would have. What's weird about Ron's account (to me) was that it seemed it took him 30 years to get AF under control - not that ablations were an option that long ago - and maybe I misread it - but no way would I in todays climate wait even 5 years struggling with the right regimen if I could get an ablation and have an 80-90% chance of a fix. That supposed frequent episodes though. If I were getting an episode once every 2 months or so, silent AF risk or not, I'd hold off on ablation.

All I can now now, 14 mths out from PVI, my heart is steady, in NSR, and I can eat/drink what I like (no, I do no overdo it).
I see no reason to be scared od an ablation in the right hands. The foley catheter though, that part they can keep!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2013 11:21AM by afhound99.
December 10, 2013 12:14PM
Don't forget the stethoscope...that instrument can tell you exactly what's happening. Whenever I felt there was a question of straight tachy vs afib, the 'scope would immediately provide the answer.
Anonymous User
December 10, 2013 01:03PM
afhound --Do not post statements that I did not say. I said I have had afib off and on for thirty years it was in the last few years since I have had full time afib that I have been seriously searching for the answers and have changed my diet. Do not try to twist my words to say that I have been correcting this for thirty years. I have been doing the bentonite and the probiotics for less than one year. I have used minerals and other supplements in the past with no results.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2013 07:20PM by Hans Larsen.
December 10, 2013 02:12PM
Afhound,

I think most of their nighttime data come from recording pacemakers. I suspect that many who have pacemakers are not truly "lone." Not that a lone afibber can't have nighttime afib, they certainly can. Just that I don't think that it presents a stroke risk for a true lone afibber. In my case, I wake up when I get afib in the middle of the night. Subsequent to my 2 1/2 month episode, I take no chances and have converted every one with PIP flecainide. I'm not sure they'd convert without it, or at least in a reasonable time. Therefore I'd know I'd have afib as I'd wake up with it when I wake up for the day, if it were "silent." This has yet to happen. I've also worn my recording HR monitor all night and never seen anything but some PAC's and PVC's.

An 80% chance of success would be appealing to me in a different circumstance. Certainly not in my present situation.

George
December 10, 2013 04:14PM
Oh sorry, Ron, thought your first post said ". It took me thirty years and a lot of trial and error"
Guess you could've been clearer about that, but best to let it rest here, getting silly.
December 10, 2013 04:18PM
George, yeah, I think you're right. As I said, I was ok with the Flec+Dilt as a PIP. It always worked and I didn't worry too much about any silent AF occurring even though Dr Barrett cautioned it could be there. I just got fed up with the "waiting for it to come on" syndrome.
Anonymous User
December 11, 2013 05:23AM
If anyone wants to read the no-more-afib stories from 50 different people, detailing exactly what they did to achieve this happy state, please go to the Conference Room Proceedings and scan down the list of titles to session 61, titled modestly, "Protocols for reducing / eliminating afib". Here 50 ex-afibbers have carefully told exactly what supplements they used, including brand names, dosages, and timing , and exactly what dietary or other changes they made. Many of these people are still posting here from time to time, and can be asked whatever questions you may have. All of them posted these accounts here in hope of helping others do as they have done. Go and do likewise and see what happens, and report to us here about it, please.

PeggyM
December 11, 2013 06:50AM
Here is a link to CR 61 that Peggy references: <[www.afibbers.org]
Anonymous User
December 11, 2013 10:12AM
Great information. It is my belief that the program I am doing will eliminate the need for those supplements because for me in my case with my body I think I was not absorbing nutrients and my gut issues caused the afib. I think people need to look at their body and take from all this what applies to them and adjust as needed.Some people can take all those nutrients and still not absorb them as in my case.Regardless of which condition a person has the bentonite and probiotics will improve their AFIb and the ability of the body to take in nutrition.Essential fatty acids are need, good oils are needed like flax,and coconut oils as well as minerals. All unhealthy conditIons are a result of a mineral deficiency and if the gut is not working properly the minerals do not enter the body and sometimes just applying the minerals to a leaky sick gut does not work as was my case. Yours may be totally different. Ask yourself, is the gut working at peak performance. I doubt it. I thought my was and found out it was a train wreck.
December 11, 2013 12:18PM
Ron,

Did you ever post what probiotics you are using? If so, sorry, I missed it.

Gary
Anonymous User
December 11, 2013 12:59PM
Started using Dr Ohhiras, they were effective because I had some cleansing reactions, like sore throat etc, but have found and even stronger brand called Keybiotics. There are many good ones and you can experiment yourself. Unique healing has a product called bowel strength that is less money and also works. Remember probiotics takes time to get all the new colonies in place and sometimes there is a war going on in the colon as the bad bacteria dies and is replaced by the good guys. Rumblings and such will be going on, gas and other unpleasantness. It takes months to reestablish beneficial bacteria. It does not happen overnight. If it is effective for you you will know by the temporary negative reactions. I sure had mine, thats how I know it works. Key biotics has much more bacteria than Dr Ohhiras but I think Ohirra has a better process. Both are excellent. If you don't get gas its not working.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login