Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Consultation with Dr.Andrea Natale Jan. 21,2014

Posted by smackman 
Consultation with Dr.Andrea Natale Jan. 21,2014
December 06, 2013 12:25PM
Got my appointment with Dr. Andrea Natale! Jan. 21, 2014

I am nervous but I am also grateful to all my new friends who guided me to the best. smiling smiley

It will be at least a 2 day trip but we are prepared to do what is needed.
Re: Consultation with Dr.Andrea Natale Jan. 21,2014
December 06, 2013 01:51PM
The man is a humble genius! I jumped for joy after my 45 min consultation the first time I met him and he asked me if I wanted to GO NOW!
So they prepped me and 2 hours later I was getting ablated by The Maestro.

Good Luck and don't be nervous.

McHale
December 06, 2013 01:59PM
I would be stoked if he ask me if I wanted to go now after my consultation! Yes I would.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2013 05:43PM by Hans Larsen.
December 06, 2013 02:45PM
That is great, you won't be disappointed, he is such a nice person and so incredibly knowledgeable. The thing that surprised me most was for being the top in his field he didn't have that huge ego, what a breath of fresh air.

Dr Natale did my ablation in July of this year and my heart has been solid as a rock since that day, I was not in persistent afib but after 10 years of sporadic episodes I was two days in afib and two days out for the past few months leading up to the procedure. Dr Natale is so confident in what he does it made me feel much more relaxed after meeting him and hopefully your nervousness will go away after the consult. Good luck and keep us posted on your procedure date.

KenH
December 07, 2013 01:34AM
Hi Smackman,

Good to here you heard from Barbara , I felt sure the referral thing wouldn't be a problem.

McHale got very lucky in getting his ablation the very same day as his first consult with Dr Natale because it was the very first week Dr N was working out of St Luke's in NYC back last May and McHale was smart and jumped quickly on an early tip that Dr N was going to be doing some ablations in NYC and he had, as yet at that early date not built up his schedule there, so it was perfect timing for McHale.

About the only way its likely to happen the same day as your consult, or perhaps the next day, is if you had already scheduled an ablation to coincide with your first consult from the beginning during this visit to begin with. Either that or if he truly had a cancellation at the last minute in the day if or day after you are having your consult and they don't have time to fill the vacancy with someone else more senior on their long waiting list and get them to Austin in time. Under the scenario you might could get lucky but that is pretty unlikely. Most people who cancel out do so at least a couple weeks before their scheduled ablation, or at least should as a courtesy to everyone involved, unless they have a true emergency that prevents them from going through with it or notifying Natale's office earlier.

The reason you got a reality quick consult in Austin is because a month ago, after Mt Sinai Med Center in New York City took over St Luke's Med Center where he had just accepted the Directorship of the Al Sabah Arrhythmia Institute there in addition to his home base center in Austin where he spends two weeks per month and at CPMC in San Francisco where he spends one week a month, after this sudden take over of St Lukes, which houses Al Sabah AFIB center, by Mt Sinai the major changes imposed made it impossible to continue there and so after resigning that position in NYC he sudden has a bit more free time in Austin over the next three months from dates now free that had been scheduled for ablations.

He is hoping to have a new center and hospital arrangements back in NYC sometime in the first part of this coming year, but in the meantime and until that is all set up for sure, its a little quicker to get in to see him in Austin now than is the usual norm.

As such, you might ask Barbara how soon an ablation could be scheduled since its clear you both want and need one. Perhaps you can arrange to kill two birds with one stone in the same time frame?

And no worries, you have made the best possible decision you could have made anywhere for the one paramount decision that you are responsible for, so relax in the knowing that you did very well indeed in your most important step in thus whole process. It's not possible to choose anyone more qualified to safely guide you through your ablation process than the man you are are not set up to see. You can let go of the worry and anxiety over making that decision with that knowledge that you could not have chosen more wisely upfront. Especially for your type of AFIB.

Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2013 01:50AM by Shannon.
December 07, 2013 11:17AM
I realize it would be near to impossible to have my ablation done at the same time. I have to start looking for a place to stay. My packet came with discount hotels;

I see my regular Cardiologist Dec.11. At this time, I will tell him about my appointment with Dr. Natale. I want him onboard with this decision.
December 08, 2013 12:08AM
Smackman: I just received a call from Dr. Natale's NP at Scripps in San Diego that I'm good to go March 17, 2014 for an ablation. The NP asked me if I was still motivated and I nearly laughed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login