Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ablation- Its my turn

Posted by axiomtherapy 
Ablation- Its my turn
December 05, 2013 07:47PM
My ablation is set for December 17th. I just took my first Xarelto tonight. Starting to get nervous already. Its going to be done by the Director of Advanced Management of Atrial Fibrillation at one of the largest hospitals in Boston. I feel like Im in good hands. He does 5-7 a week and told me he is seeing 85% success rate on first ablations and 10% of the people coming back for a second ablation in patients similar to me. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, John
Re: Ablation- Its my turn
December 05, 2013 08:08PM
John, I don't have much advice because I'm not far behind you with a date coming up. But, I can state what may be the obvious, that it's normal to have some anticipatory anxiety. Just monitor to make sure you don't get anxious about being anxious. Expect some to be there. Try to stay in touch with the upside, eagerness to get the ablation done and excitement about how much better things will be afterward. - Randy
December 05, 2013 09:28PM
Randy you are certainly an optimist. I needed to hear that. Thank you
December 05, 2013 11:58PM
We're lucky in Mass to have world class hospitals. My ablation was a year ago plus at MGH - so far so good.
December 06, 2013 08:18AM
who did your ablation at MGH?
December 07, 2013 08:39AM
Dr Barrett - he's now director at St Luke's in NYC. You're in good hands with Moussa Mansour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2013 08:41AM by afhound99.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login