Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cold feet in the morning

Posted by Louise 
Cold feet in the morning
November 25, 2013 05:13AM
For the last week, off and on, I have been waking up with very cold feet. I mean I have to get up and put 2 pair of socks on and put a heating pad in the bed on my feet. I am very aware that the rest of my body isn't cold, but occasionally feel a slight, momentary chill. My hands are sometimes cold, but not like my feet.

The obvious reason to me would be poor circulation. I am very active all day long, so I'm wondering if my heart isn't beating hard enough when I am sleeping. I don't know why this would happen now, because I haven't changed anything. I occasionally take 1/2 a .25mg Triazolam to sleep, but I have been doing this off and on for years.

This is not a concern to me, except that poor circulation would indicate thick blood and I am only taking Nattokinase a.m. and p.m. and fish oil supplements (3000 mg split 3 x daily). I always have an irregular heart beat at around 80 bpm during the day and around 70 before getting out of bed in the morning. I do take 300 mg CoQ10 -- does that have a "thickening" effect?

I'm wondering if I should add Ginko Biloba and/or Ginseng to my regimen?

Louise
Re: Cold feet in the morning
November 25, 2013 05:56AM
Cold feet MIGHT indicate a variety of maladies; including insufficient blood circulation. It can also indicate arterial problems in the legs and so on. Or it can simply be that your feet sneak our from under the covers while you are asleep. The best way to determine if your blood is "thick" is via blood tests (and there are several the main one being INR) and I would ask my family physician to test things out rather than playing with supplements for cold feet.

Having said that, my feet are never ever cold; quite the opposite, while my wife's feet are ALWAYS cold to the extent that they have tested her legs and feet for proper circulation. Her feet get so cold that they cramp during the night and she winds up hopping out of bed and stomping around the bedroom, scaring the crap out of me as you can well imagine. The solution was very simple. Wool socks and a longer duvet. I simply slip my feet out from under the duvet to sleep comfortably. On very cold winter nights when the wind blows against our master bedroom walls/windows she will use an electric blanket. I do not might a cool room. An interesting dilemma.

We have friends who have a two section waterbed as they sleep at different temperatures. Some years ago, as a prank, we swapped their personal thermostats so that when she was cold and cranked up the thermostat for her side of the bed, she was really turning up HIS temperature. So he woke up and simply cranked DOWN his thermostat, which of course, cooled her side of the bed even more. And around and round it went all night so that by morning she was frozen and he was as hot as a firecracker. Hilarious at the time.

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
November 25, 2013 03:24PM
Thank you, Murray. It seems to be a common female thing. My husband also has to have his feet uncovered to sleep!

I'm sure you are right in that I should get a blood test for viscosity. My annual physical isn't until February, though; I'm thinking of getting one at "Request A Test."

Of course, I posted the message yesterday and this morning did not have the problem. I have also always had relatively cold hands and feet; it just seemed that my feet were extremely icy a couple of mornings. Perhaps I am over thinking it. By the way, are you still friends?? smiling smiley

Louise
Anonymous User
November 25, 2013 05:34PM
I suggest its an adrenal problem and it you have AFIB it is also an adrenal problem.Cold hands cold feet is adrenal. Hard to wake in the AM is adrenal, hard to get going, get tired and sleepy around 3 pm, get active at 6 pm is adrenals.Getting a second wind at 9pm is adrenals, not ready for bed at midnight is adrenals.Cold hands, cold feet is adrenals.Fix those adrenals by fixing the colon.
November 25, 2013 06:13PM
For me cold feet ended up over some years as peripheral neuropathy. Circulation was fine.
November 25, 2013 11:19PM
Ronbn49 - can you elaborate on "fix the colon"?
Ron
November 26, 2013 02:19AM
I went though a period where i had cold feet and hands at night and would they would feel numb in the morning. My heart monitor showed a very shallow 90 bmp heart beat in the early morning hours.
But when i started taking ginger (learned from this board) every night, i havn't had the problem since.
November 26, 2013 04:08AM
Murray- did you recieve my two e-mails?
November 26, 2013 03:16PM
Thank you all for your responses. LarryK, in what form do you take ginger?
November 26, 2013 10:13PM
Magnesium will improve circulation in the legs and feet.

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
November 27, 2013 07:36PM
Louise,

Get some New Chapter, Ginger Force, 60 Softgels. Take one with dinner at night.
Click onto vitamin shop and order through there.

Colin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2013 07:37PM by colindo.
November 28, 2013 03:42AM
Ginger fixes everything!
November 28, 2013 08:49AM
afhound99 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ginger fixes everything!

For some people its very helpful. I for one have been Afib free for months, most of this year actually.
November 28, 2013 03:29PM
Thank you Colin and Afhound!! Ginger it is!

Louise
November 29, 2013 03:46AM
Louise,

Are you taking any BBs? They are known to cause secondary Raynaud's which causes cold extremities and worse.

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
November 29, 2013 05:29AM
Gary:
Am looking for those emails now.
And yes, we are still the best of friends and they have discarded the waterbed after it spring a leak (I did not ask why).
Murray L

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
November 29, 2013 05:33PM
Actually I have to admit to a bit of sarcasm there as I don't believe ginger works for everyone or persistently.
It fixes Colindo though at least for now. I am personally skeptical of most people beinge able to keep AF at bay with supplements. I guess it is possible. For me, I thought I had the beast tamed with Iodone - seemed to work for 6 mths then came back with a vengeance. And Barret told me people are often in and out of AF during the periods without realizing it.
November 30, 2013 02:39AM
"For me, I thought I had the beast tamed with Iodone - seemed to work for 6 mths"

The iodine protocol is a powerful supplement, but still only a supplement. Proper nutrition comes first. Not easy.
November 30, 2013 03:23PM
I'm using diet (yes, William, it isn't easy) and supplements because my afib doesn't affect my life right now. If I can keep it from causing any harm to my heart (I have no other heart issues or medical issues) and keep it from progressing, I can live with this. I have an irregular heartbeat 24/7, but when I stick to good food and my supplements (The Strategy plus CoQ10, Vit D, Fish Oil, I do not get the rapid, "hard" beat as much. So for me Ginger is just another possible addition. Thank you all for your input. Don't know if the cold feet have anything to do with afib or not (since posting my initial concern it hasn't really happened again!

Louise
November 30, 2013 03:26PM
Lisa,what are BBs?
November 30, 2013 03:27PM
Beta Blockers

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
November 30, 2013 03:30PM
Sorry, Lisa, yes I realized what you were talking about after I posted. No I am not on any medication.
November 30, 2013 11:44PM
It sounds like a circulation problem. Recommendation: Sheepdog.

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
December 01, 2013 12:30AM
With me, an ablation came first.
June 26, 2018 10:44AM
I have been looking and trying on and wearing shoes that were “good for heel pain”, well, they were not. Then I found Orthofeet! Simply the most amazing shoes I have ever worn. Heel pain shoe is perfect for my job, they look and feel great. The most comfortable shoe ever. I have been in severe pain with all other shoes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login