Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

10th anniversary

Posted by Jim Weideman 
10th anniversary
October 30, 2013 11:19AM
Oct 17th, 2003 ablation with Dr Natale at Cleveland Clinic:

I went off all meds right before ablation and had many episodes of AF after ablation for about 3 months, then tapered off. I remember having one maybe 8 monyhs out after riding my bike uphill. I stopped strenous exercise after that. Since then I have been afib free. I stopped martinis just about a year ago. Now, I just drink wine - I love it! Before my ablation I was in AF about 80% of the timeand had totally stopped alcohol. I am, and will always be, grateful for Dr Natale, and to this board for helping me make the decision to go to the Cleveland Clinic instead of going to some inexperienced EP.

I'm a happy camper, do pilates, and walk 3 miles 5-6 X a week.

I'm sure ablations have come a long way in the last ten years, and that there are many good docs out there now...............
My advise is get a good Doc and get an ablation!

Regards to all,

Jim W.
Re: 10th anniversary
October 30, 2013 02:28PM
Wow! What great news.....that is really encouraging to all of us. Thanks!

Tom
October 30, 2013 02:47PM
Jim, that's great.
October 30, 2013 03:27PM
Hi Jim,

Good to hear from you again after a long while ...and with such good news .... chalk up another one for the Italian Maestro!

Cheers!
Shannon
October 30, 2013 05:47PM
Way to go, Jim! Thanks for sharing. Hope I can follow in your footsteps. - Randy
October 30, 2013 05:56PM
Happy Anniversary!

/L
October 31, 2013 08:51AM
Happy 10th Jim! Hard to believe 10 years has passed since we all were queuing up for up for our Natale ablations.

I certainly wish you continued success.

Best to you,
Jackie
October 31, 2013 11:40AM
Dear Jim,

Thank you for posting your 10th anniversary update. As someone who is post-ablation (with Dr. Natale) almost three months now, your story of long-term success is very inspiring, particularly given the fact that you did have some bumps in the road early on.

Congratulations and all best wishes for the years ahead!

Rob
October 31, 2013 03:24PM
That's the kind of news that brightens my day. Thanks for sharing it and congratulations, Jim.

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
October 31, 2013 09:51PM
Wow, a ten-year mark. Congrats, Jim. I'm scheduled next February for an ablation with Dr. Natale. Not looking forward to the procedure but I am looking forward to the results.
October 31, 2013 10:44PM
hey Jim good to hear of your success being afib free. Stories like yours and gill's demonstrating longer afib free time frames are heartening. I finally got my successful ablation done at bordeaux by dr. hocini. 1.5 years so far and no afibs. I should have done it years ago when you and Jackie were doing it . Seems like yesterday.

Wishing you much enjoyment in your ongoing afib free years.

Adrian
November 01, 2013 09:52AM
Jim,
Great news, seems like Natale had the magic touch even back in the early days.
I'm 5 months out myself, getting ablated only hours after my first meeting with him.

McHale
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login