Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

High CRP after an ablation - is that to be expected?

Posted by tobherd 
High CRP after an ablation - is that to be expected?
October 20, 2013 11:07PM
A littel over 6 weeks ago, I had an ablation with Dr. Natale. As far as I can tell, so far, so good! I went for a physical with my GP last week, and while I knew that I would have inflammation from the ablation, I was surprised at how high it was. It says the the hsCRP was 10.2, where anything above 3.0 is considered high..... Is that to be expected after an ablation and will it just come down, or is there something else I need to be doing? I am taking Zyflammend already to help with inflammation, but am concerned that that number is so high.

Barb
Re: High CRP after an ablation - is that to be expected?
October 21, 2013 12:03PM
Yes Barb, High CRP is definitely to be expected from all the inflammation from burning. Normally it will come down good bit by 6 weeks but you could easily have been at 30 or higher in the first week after ablation.

Take Zyaflamend., Omega 3, Vitamin D and added Curcumin.

Shannon
October 21, 2013 03:56PM
Barb,

Yes, post-ablation inflammation is definitely to be expected and that will show up in an elevated CPR. You may wish to take a look at my post-ablation protocol [afibbers.org]

Hans
October 21, 2013 04:17PM
Thanks Shannon - will add the curcumin to my regimen! Best to you ~ Barb
October 21, 2013 09:37PM
Thanks for this reminder, Hans. I have to ask what beta-sitersterol is...? Not familiar with that one.

And now to go into the kitchen and get my Omega 3's - keep forgetting to take that.

I appreciate your guidance ~ Barb
October 23, 2013 12:44PM
Barb,

Beta-sitosterol is a potent antiinflammatory. You can find a monograph on it here: [www.thorne.com].

In regards to fish oil supplementation please keep in mind that you need to ensure an adequate intake of vitamin C and vitamin E as well in order to avoid undesirable oxidation reactions.

Hans
October 23, 2013 10:00PM
Hans - I think that's the first time I've heard any mention of needing to add Vit. C and E when taking fish oil/Omega-3's. Where can I read more about that?
thanks for the explanation of the phytosterols...I actually am already taking some of those, so that's a good thing.

Barb
October 25, 2013 12:39PM
Barb,

Here are som references to the need for vitamin E when taking fish oils. [www.oilofpisces.com]. Vitamin C is needed to regenerate vitamin E.

Hans
October 26, 2013 03:28PM
Thanks Hans! ~ Barb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login