Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4 months post ablation -feeling good

Posted by Heather 
4 months post ablation -feeling good
September 20, 2013 04:41PM
Update for you all. I am now 4 months post ablation and just had my 72hr continuous monitor results which showed Continuous NSR with a heartbeat ranging from 52 to 140 (sleep to hiking up a hill!) and one (1) PVC ! So my EP has said come off the warfarin and I am really really pleased. Been feeling good and now feel confident enough to try my Zumba class again. I've also been trying out the D-Limonene to get rid of my GERD and seems to have helped a lot so I'd recommend giving it a shot to anyone who has GERD.

My EP again warned it could come back but based on the past 4 months he is quietly confident it won't , I will see him in a year but now I am drug free and sailing along. Keeping up the mag, vits B,C and D and potassium when I get the occasional bout of ectopics (these seem to be dying down too) may get some nattokinase to be safe. I had three questions for my EP which were:

- Heart rate is coming back down from high 70's/80's just after my ablation to about 64'ish and recently dropped to 57 just prior to sleep. Should I be worried if it slows again to
mid 50's/60? He said no so long as I am not symptomatic with it (I am not)
- Ectopics, will they go away? He said they may or may not but if they remained they will not trigger AF.
- Have you found out what causes AF yet? He launched into the errant pathways explanation so I concluded the answer is still no !

So all in all ablation was the best path for me and as I've said before Even if I had to get another touch up I would do it again as it has made such a difference to me.

Wishing you all well and will keep popping in from time to time to see how you all are.

Rgds
Heather
Re: 4 months post ablation -feeling good
September 20, 2013 11:12PM
Heather, almost one year out after ablation, all you mention reflects pretty much my own experience. I think you'll find it settles down ater 6 months or so.
Sam
September 22, 2013 09:33AM
Thanks for keeping us updated, Heather.

Do you have details of exactly what Dr Rinaldi did e.g. was your whole heart mapped, which parts of the heart were ablated etc.

Thanks again

Sam
September 23, 2013 09:26AM
Hello Heather - so pleased to read your good news.

Best to you,
Jackie
September 24, 2013 04:27PM
Hi Sam

I didn't get into the nitty gritty but the notes I have say I had a TEE echo with PVI ablation via right femoral artery. My recollection before going to la la land is being covered in cold sticky pads front and back and the cath lab looking like mission control ! So I think Ithere may have been mapping done but nothing extensive required for me although I was in there for 3-4 hours

Hope this helps

Rgds
Heather
September 26, 2013 09:29AM
Heather,

It was great to hear your news. Keep up the good work! Glad you asked lots of questions of your EP.

It has been three months since my ablation and I'm dealing with PACs trying to keep them under control. Have my fingers crossed that I'm once and done, but don't know yet.

Betty
September 28, 2013 03:27PM
Congratulations, Heather.

It's been exactly 3 months for me, the odd palpitations and stray beats became fewer and fewer -- none at all for a week or so now. Hope I make it to 4 months in the same pattern.

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login