Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nalale Ablation this Thursday!

Posted by tobherd 
Nalale Ablation this Thursday!
September 03, 2013 11:38PM
So after 10+ years, I am taking the leap and getting an ablation with Dr. Natale in NYC. I've had Afib for so long that it has come to feel like my "normal"..almost forget what it was like before. Flecainide has kept it well under control for the past 5 or so years, but there were more kickups this past year or so. Of course, lately things have been pretty calm - kind of like your car might act when you take it into the repair shop! Chugging and clanking when you drive it, and then it runs fine when the repair guy gets it....that's my analogy, anywaysmiling smiley

My procedure is scheduled for 8am Thursday morning, so my husband and I will stay overnight tomorrow night (Wed.), and then head over first thing in the morning. I told Shannon that I will text or call him when I'm out and feeling up to it, to let everyone know that all is well.

Feels kind of strange to be writing to say that it's MY turn - after reading for years of all of the people who did the same - and whose stories fascinated and educated me. Thank you all for your encouragement and support as I almost chickened out a few times already.

Please also keep my husband in your prayers, as he is struggling with lung cancer, and this is an effort for him to go in with me too (his choice - he wouldn't consider staying home) He is actually taking some steroids for the next 2 days to help him have the energy to go in and be there with me. Truthfully, I'm more worried about him right now...we could both use your prayers and healing thoughts.

I hope to get word back to you sometime later on Thursday, or at the latest, Friday.

Good night my friendssmiling smiley ~ Barb
Re: Nalale Ablation this Thursday!
September 04, 2013 12:06AM
Barb,

Good luck to both of you. It's great that your husband is so determined to be there for you---you are both fortunate indeed to have that bond. It will carry you through.

Mike
September 04, 2013 02:26AM
Good for you Barb!
We will all be sending a warm Bon voyage on Thursday morning for your little sail to the other side of the fence where hearts stay quiet and steady for the long term. Its all downhill from here, you made the best possible decision for yourself with the best ablationist you could, so just relax now these last two days as your job is truly done and its all on autopilot from here. Even the mind can rest too and let any concens or thoughts wash away with the comfort of knowing you are in the best possible hands anywhere.

This will all be so much easier than you imagine... And over with very quickly.. I look forward to hearing from you Thursday afternoon when you get to your phone.

All the Best, Shannon
September 04, 2013 08:29AM
Barb,
Prayers and best wishes for you and your husband. Tomorrow you can take the day off and let your Afib be somebody else's problem. You're in the best of hands.
Betty
September 04, 2013 09:22AM
Barb,

My prayers are with both you and your husband. You are in the best hands possible so relax and now Dr. Natale can do his magic. I look forward to reading your posts after the procedure.

KenH
September 04, 2013 10:27AM
Dear Barb~ You're in the best of hands with Dr. Natale and team.
Special thoughts and prayers to you and your husband.
Peace.
Jackie
September 04, 2013 11:12AM
Go for the gold Barb. May the force be with you!

Jim
September 04, 2013 11:49AM
Hey Barb,
Best of luck and see you on the other side.
You're in Golden Hands!

McHale
September 04, 2013 12:04PM
Good luck to you, Barb.

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
September 04, 2013 12:12PM
Barb,

NSR to you!

George
September 04, 2013 12:18PM
Barb

I am in my 11th year of nsr since my ablation in Bordeaux in January 2003. Hope this will reassure you that you have made the right decision.

I look forward to hearing good news very soon.

Gill
September 04, 2013 01:04PM
Thanks so much everyonesmiling smiley Just got off of the phone with the nurse practioner going over logistics...almost glad I'm in Afib right now - haha.

I'll be back in touch as soon as I can. Appreciate your good wishes!

Take care ~ Barb
September 04, 2013 02:44PM
Dear Barb,

I will be holding the best thoughts for you and your husband on Thursday and beyond. Truly, all shall be well, and I believe that you will quickly feel better than you have in a long time, as has been the case for me.

With all best wishes,

Robert
September 04, 2013 05:42PM
Good luck Barb !
September 04, 2013 05:44PM
Best of luck Barb. You're in good hands.

BruceS
September 04, 2013 06:26PM
Barb,

Prayers that all goes well for both you and your husband - and that you'll finally be able to put the afib worries to rest.

Doreen
September 04, 2013 10:04PM
Barb. You have made the right decision and have begun the journey to being rid of Af. Being in the holding pattern that you have been in for the last x number of years is no way to live when you have accesss to a fixer like Natale. Keep us posted of every detail. Dennis
September 05, 2013 10:48AM
All the very best of luck to you. Learn from me and BEHAVE after the proceedure - lol. Not that I missbehaved. It's just a time to be really really careful. The amazing thing is that my gut issues seemed to settle down along with the healing process, so almost two months later things seem to be - touch wood - steady. Let us all know when you are out.
Ron
September 05, 2013 01:05PM
Good luck Barb! smiling smiley
September 05, 2013 02:16PM
Best wishes for a procedure well done and NSR.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login