Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I hate hiccups.

Posted by lisa s 
I hate hiccups.
September 01, 2013 01:05AM
I woke up this morning in AF, sad smiley

I've been fortunate to have only one or two episodes a year at only a couple of hours (compared to 4 years ago when it was 2-3 a week at 18 hours or so)

The hiccups are a new thing,

Highly annoying all day long.

Has anyone else noticed a correlation?

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
Re: I hate hiccups.
September 01, 2013 02:02AM
Weird thing, I converted, and my hiccups stopped at the same time..

lisa

So much of medicine is looking solely down the wrong end of the gun barrel, and that is really a pity for all of us---Shannon
September 01, 2013 03:16AM
Lisa,
Sounds an awful lot like an irritable vagus nerve causing both. You might try some lecithin---kill or cure?
Mike
Anonymous User
September 01, 2013 08:35AM
I seem to remember that hiccups and afib both are very, very common among people who are deficient in magnesium. How much magnesium glycinate are you taking, and do you know if that is the bowel tolerance dosage level for you? Do you get leg cramps as well?
PeggyM
September 01, 2013 01:39PM
Lisa - Peggy remembers correctly....hiccoughs are a sign of low magnesium. Years back, I found when I had hiccoughs, I'd get AF. I learned it was a spasm of the diaphragm (muscle). Keep pushing your daily dosing. If this persists, then have your diaphragm/stomach relationship evaluated by a chiropractor who can do the adjustment to stop pressure from the stomach on the diaphragm. That adjustment took me from daily events lasting as long as 27 hours to zero in a matter of two weeks of treatment.

Jackie
September 06, 2013 04:55AM
Peggy and Jackie,

I rarely have hiccups. I honestly can't remember the last time.

I'm at bowel tolerance at 800 mg a day. I've been there for a couple years. No pushing possible at this time.

No leg cramps.

I was traveling, so different water, food, beds, etc... may have been a contributor. I've not been sensitive to positional triggering, and my gut's been behaving. drinking smiley

It was just interesting that the two rare (thankfully) things coincided.

lisa

September 06, 2013 04:23PM
Lisa,

I've found that exhaling completely and then holding my breath as long as possible to increase CO2 levels will usually stop hiccups.

George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login