Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Treat the Reason for Afib First - an old article I just found

Posted by Nancy 
Treat the Reason for Afib First - an old article I just found
August 23, 2013 04:42AM
This may be old news to most of you, but I just came across it today. Abnormal Heart Rhythm? The Heart-Talk You and Your Doctor Need to Have . It's an interesting read.

Nancy
Re: Treat the Reason for Afib First - an old article I just found
August 23, 2013 11:18AM
Thank you, Nancy. I thoroughly enjoyed this and it reinforced The Strategy. I've only been taking supplements for 5 months and it's good to read this stuff every once in awhile to reaffirm what I am doing and also be patient and stick with it.

Louise
August 23, 2013 05:19PM
Nancy,

Thank you for article which resulted in my acquiring another older article but a shocker since I take Cartia XP 240 mg (which is diltiazem) twice daily at the same time I take Pradaxa (dabigatran). My cardio never told me to not take at same time. Perhaps because the FDA does not include warning as an interaction with Pradaxa.

P-gp inducers include rifampin, carbamazepine, tipranavir and St. John’s wort. According to the FDA labeling, the only drug contraindicated with dabigatran is rifampin, which reduced the serum concentration of dabigatran by 66%.(2) P-gp inhibitors include amiodarone, ketoconazole, quinidine, verapamil, diltiazem, cyclosporine, itraconazole, propafenone, ritonavir and dronedarone. Thus, concomitant administration of dabigatran etexilate (a P-gp substrate) along with dronedarone (a P-gp inhibitor) will increase bioavailability of dabigatran etexilate and the plasma concentration of dabigatran.

I'm still attempting to find answer whether CoQ10 and Taurine can be taken with Pradaxa. CoQ10 can't be taken with Warfarin. So I have ceased taking both.

Thanks again,

Stephen
August 24, 2013 01:51AM
Good Stuff Nancy
Thanks for that
August 24, 2013 06:04AM
>>The standard of care in America includes ablation which is sort of like 'burning' one of the nodes in your heart, and installation of a pacemaker which forces your heart to beat in perfect rhythm..<<

Not everyone might know that this is not the type of ablation that afibbers are talking about on this board.

Gill
August 24, 2013 09:47AM
Thanks, Nancy for posting reinforcement and confirmation for what we've known for a long time and is promoted by Integrative Cardiologists. The nutrients mentioned in this report parallel that of The Strategy and serve to emphasize that the heart needs the basic nutritional elements for proper function and they all work together for complete, functional synergy in the body. Drugs don't provide that.

Stephen - that's incorrect that CoQ10 can't be used with warfarin. (See my other post and response). CoQ is an essential element to facilitate heart energy production. Without it, there will be trouble eventually.

Jackie
August 24, 2013 11:10AM
Too bad nobody really understands the underlying reason for afib in most persons. Yes, the strategy can help, perhaps even cure the lucky few, but the fact remains that the disease still progresses for most of us. Jackie, Hans and many others have had ablations.

Jackie blames her problems on Lyme disease, I have afib issues with a chronic prostate infection....but are those the reasons for the afib? I doubt it. Most people with Lyme disease or chronic prostate infections don't have afib.

As time progresses, more researchers are admitting the easy answers aren't there for afib. For most, It isn't just a simple matter of diet, high blood pressure, or even stress.

So treating the "reason" for afib first is not so easy when that reason is hard to fathom. Beware holding off of an ablation while attempting to cure the reason for afib...my experience and many others is that the disease still progresses resulting in less probability for long-term ablation success.
Sam
August 24, 2013 11:29AM
We live and learn! I'd never heard of Aged Garlic.

Does anyone have any information on how this compares with the type I take - Nature's Best high strength garlic containing 470mg Freeze Dried Garlic Powder providing 4mg Alliin & 2mg Allicin.

Thanks

Sam
August 24, 2013 01:58PM
Yes, the problem with that article (and others she has written) is that she is telling people that having an ablation results in needing a pacemaker.
August 24, 2013 03:20PM
Other than that, it seems like a good overview of potential supplements.

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login