Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Acid Reflux Causes Arrhythmias

Posted by Windstar 
Acid Reflux Causes Arrhythmias
July 24, 2013 12:57PM
In the July 2013 issue of The Blaylock Report by Dr. Russell Blaylock, he has a case study of a young man whose irregular heartbeat was caused by acid reflux. Once Dr. Blaylock cured the acid reflux, the arrhythmia went away too. This is something that has been discussed in depth on the BB, but I thought I'd share some of Dr. Blaylock's findings.

The young man had shortness of breath and fluttering in his chest, but the cardiologist found his heart was normal but that he had irregular heartbeats and gave him some medication. Before these symptoms started, he felt a lump in his throat, had difficulty swallowing, and large meals would cause him to be short of breath and have a rapid heartbeat.

Blaylock's remedy was to place the young man on a special diet, take digestive enzymes with each meal, and a teaspoon or organic vinegar mixed with 4 ounches of water to help reduce the pressure of the lower esophagus due to a full stomach. He told him to reduce his meal size and chew every bite of food until it was mush. He also told him to take DGL Plus from Pure Encapsulation, 3 caps mixed with 3 ounces of water, 30 minutes before bed and first thing in the morning.

For his heart, he was to take 1000 mg of acetyl L carnitine three times a day, 30 minutes before a meal; 100 mg of CoQ10 twice a day, sustained release magnesium citrate/malate, and 300 mg R-lipoic acid with each meal. The young man has no further problems. (I tried the acetyl L carnitine and it made me agitated and had to stop.)

I, like this young man, have digestive issues and a lax LES that are causing PACs right now. I've tried much of the above, but don't know what "special diet" I should be eating, which is perhaps why I've not been successful with a protocol similar to the one above. My "gut" is inflammed, and each time my nutritionist "clears" one set of food sensitivities, others appear.

My next step is to try to reduce my gut inflammation by using yet another Blaylock remedy for the stomach. He says to open the capsules of 250 mg curcumin, 250 mg of hesperidin, and 250 mg of quercetin, and mix them with a tablespoon of olive oil and take that three times a day between meals to reduce inflammation. I have just ordered these from iHerb and am waiting for my delivery to try it. Just a note: curcumin will stain clothes, sinks, or anything else it gets on, so be careful.

Hope this is helpful for all those with digestive distress.

Many blessings,
Windstar (Nancy M)
Re: Acid Reflux Causes Arrhythmias
July 24, 2013 03:20PM
The Curcumin mixed with olive oil is a good way to extend its bioavailablity, Or you can get the phosphorylated form as 'Meriva' curcumin from several manufacturers like Source Naturals, Dr's Best, Thorne labs and others that sell the patented form Meriva which does all the work for you so that you don't have to break open curcumin capsules and still get dramatic improvement in potency and bioavailability.

All the brands of Meriva can be bought through Hans' www.iherb.com link as well.

Shannon
Sam
July 25, 2013 04:45AM
Nancy,

Have you tried D-Limonene yet for the lax LES?

Sam
July 26, 2013 11:59AM
Sam,
No, I haven't tried D-Limonene yet for the lax LES. Have you successfully done this? Is it a supplement that I can buy from iHerb?

Shannon,
I know about the Meriva curcumin and considered buying it instead of opening the capsules, but I think the reason Blaylock wants the capsules opened and mixed with olive oil is so that it will coat the throat and esophagus as it goes down to help protect them from inflammation too.

I received my order from iHerb yesterday evening and tried the curcumin, quercetin, hersperidin blend in olive oil once. It did seem soothing, but it was messy!! Still, I'm willing to deal with the mess if it helps heal my digestive woes. Will post how I am doing with it and whether it seems to be helping.

Thanks for your help.

Nancy M.
Sam
July 27, 2013 10:24AM
Nancy,

Sorry; I have the d-limonene and it's on my to-do list but I give anything I try now a good test before moving on to something new and it will be a few weeks yet before I try it.

It does look to me after hours of research to be the best option.

Sam
July 28, 2013 09:36AM
Nancy - Sorry this took so long. What I thought I remembered was apparently in another presentation but I did find this statement by a naturopathic physician who went on to complete a residency in cardiology and now practices in Scottsdale, AZ as a naturopathic cardiologist, Decker Weiss, NMD, FASA.

I’ll keep looking for the other reference to LES that's in another physician’s presentation. Keeps me ‘entertained’ while on the treadmill.

Jackie

In this talk on Inflammation and Cardiac Disease, Dr. Weiss says:

For patients with palpitations and atrial fibrillation… check for hiatal hernia, adjust the stomach and release the vagus nerve.

..... (which isn't anything we don't already know. My experience with the diaphragm/stomach adjustment, it does work when performed by someone who has experience as well as success in this type of treament)

I also found, online his report on Heartburn, Acid Reflux and Orange Peel Extract - which addresses the d-limonene.
[www.heartspring.net]

List of reports by Dr. Weiss…
[www.heartspring.net]

He has a large number of heart health reports online at various websites…
[drdeckerweiss.com]
July 28, 2013 01:14PM
When he says "adjust the stomach and release the vagus nerve," is he talking about a chiropractic adjustment?

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
July 28, 2013 04:03PM
Iatrogenia... he is not a chiropractor...he's a Naturopath and a Cardiologist. What or how he does it, was not offered.
I presume it's some type of physical manipulation.

Jackie
July 28, 2013 10:20PM
Thanks, Jackie. I've been adjusted 5 times for a sliding hiatal hernia by two different chiropractors that "seemed" to know what they were doing. (They both talked about the vagal nerve being pressed on, at least.) But that hasn't helped. The burning continues. One chiropractor has also used a cold laser on it, with no success.

Thanks for the link about d-limonene. I'll follow up on it. I've been researching it as well, and it sounds good. The only possible problem is if a person has an ulcer, and then one shouldn't use it. Hopefully, I'm not in that category. I found one study where a woman was attempting to get off PPI med and used d-limonene for a series of 3 times, or 60 days. She was fine when on it, but as soon as she went off it, her symptoms came back. Still, I'd be happy to continue taking it rather than PPI med anyday.

Have you heard about sea buckthorn berry? It sounds promising too. Here is the website for a discussion on it as well as d-limonene. (Not sure how to make it into a live link--maybe Hans can do that for me?) Don't know if one can take sea berry at the same time as d-limonene. Probably best not to, I would guess.

[www.terrytalksnutrition.com]

I'm not having success so far with the 250 mg of hesperidin, quercetin, and curcumin mixture in olive oil that Dr. Blaylock's newsletter suggested. I'm on day three of taking it. Normally, it hasn't burned when taking it, but I just took it about 1/2 hr. ago and I'm really burning, though it is starting to settle down. I also suddenly got achey, which usually means I'm allergic or sensitive to the substance. Plus, I've had mucous in my stools for the last two days. Not sure what to make of that. Will continue it tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for your continued search for the LES info, Jackie. But don't wear yourself out on that treadmill. Ha! Ha!

Blessings,
Nancy M
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login