Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

episodes last for 15 hours

Posted by lisa mac 
episodes last for 15 hours
July 19, 2013 09:32PM
Hello Friends,

It's a very hot night in the south and I have just converted after 15 hours of afib. I have a slow rate during episodes and not too irregular so I'm not very symtomatic. I saw a EP back in Jan who told me to stay on aspirin as well as a beta blocker and ace inhibitor which I take for BP which is well under control. My last ECG was abnormal showing a 1st degree av block and inverted P waves. I have episodes about every 6 to 8 weeks which have always spontaneously converted. I've had AF for about 7 years now. The ep didn't suggest an antiarrythmic or blood thinner- he was a nice young guy- seemed competent. I use magnesium, keep my K intake up and take B and C vitamins along with motherwort. I've found the motherwort to work well when I feel ectopics starting.
Does this sound like the right plan?
Thanks for any help or insights.

Lis
Re: episodes last for 15 hours
July 21, 2013 12:11AM
HI Lisa - I'm not the right person to answer your questions but keep an eye out - there are a few "guru's" on this Board who can help. As it's the weekend, you may get a delayed response.

Never heard of taking motherwort for this...interesting.

Hang in there - help is on it's way! ~ Barb
July 21, 2013 01:15PM
I had a similar pattern of afib for going on 3 years, couldn't tolerate the drugs, and opted for ablation.

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
July 22, 2013 02:36PM
Hi Lisa,

I suggest you try ginger capsules, one before meals.
[www.iherb.com]
And get your vitamin D levels checked.

Colin
July 24, 2013 10:49AM
I use Motherwort tincture whenever I start getting any missed/skipping beats etc. I take a dropperful in a little water along with a dropperful of hawthorn and a few drops of cayenne (they all come in dropper bottles from health food store).I keep baby aspirin and beta blocker for emergency use but so far have converted at home without the beta blocker the last 3 times. I also do some deep breathing etc. I take a hawthorn blend daily as its good for the heart. anne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login