Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

4weeks post uk ablation

Posted by Heather 
4weeks post uk ablation
June 16, 2013 01:34PM
Hi all

Just to let you know I saw my EP last week for follow up. First week I had a few weird rhythms (not afib), some strange migraine aura (shooting stars and sun blobs) and pericarditis but apart from a few missed beats now and then and tiredness all is now good ! EP is happy and interested to note the aura (which didn't produce a headache) he said that there is a connection between PFO (hole in heart) and migraine aura and of course ablation makes a hole too (well until it heals). I had an eye test anyway and all good no issues with retina etc. . He was also ok about the missed beats and said they may well die down too but the best bit is they are not triggering the afib. Next is a checkup and monitor at 3 months then we'll see if I can come off the warfarin. Fingers crossed I'm lucky and will not need a second one but signs are good so far.

My energy levels are still climbing but am taking it easy and not overdoing it, taking my mag etc too (not giving those up) so really really happy with the results no afib fr 4 weeks how cool is that ? (I was a weekly afibber).

So just want to say WOOOOOO HOOOOO !

Rgds
Heather
Re: 4weeks post uk ablation
June 16, 2013 01:52PM
Woo Hoo back to you, Heather. Very pleased to see your good results.
Enjoy your blissful NSR forever.
Best to you,
Jackie
June 16, 2013 02:19PM
Congratulations, Heather!

How long did the pericarditis last?

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
June 16, 2013 03:04PM
Pericarditis lasted about a week and a half, it really wasn't that bad, I just couldn't take a really deep breath and was scared to sneeze for a few days !
June 16, 2013 03:06PM
Thanks for the info. How about appetite? Were you able to eat?

Lone paroxysmal vagal atrial fibrillation. Age 62, female, no risk factors. Autonomic instability since severe Paxil withdrawal in 2004, including extreme sensitivity to neuro-active drugs, supplements, foods. Monthly tachycardia started 1/11, happened only at night, during sleep, or when waking, bouts of 5-15 hours. Changed to afib about a year ago, same pattern. Frequency increased over last 6 months, apparently with sensitivity to more triggers. Ablation 6/27/13 by Steven Hao.
June 16, 2013 05:23PM
Yes I had that - ocular migraine - related to the trans septal puncture I heard - I started seeing kaleidoscope patterns for a few hours then it went away
June 16, 2013 07:42PM
I did not want to eat much in the first few days apart from yoghurt, ice cream and fruit, went mad for fruit especially melon !
June 17, 2013 04:23PM
Hi Heather

Good luck on the path to eliminating the beast! Did you go NHS with the ablation and did you go with GP referral or select your hospital?

Regards

Phil
July 03, 2013 06:56PM
Phil I was lucky and had private healthcare which improved my timeline but initially an NHS cardiologist referred me after my GP referred me to him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login