Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just out of OR in Bordeaux

Posted by RonB 
Just out of OR in Bordeaux
June 03, 2013 02:25PM
I finally did it. My ablation went off without a hitch today at 2PM in Bordeuax. I'm laying in my hospital bed, still wired up, as they use an abundance of caution here. My chest is shaved like a Mexican Hairless dog and my heart is beating smooth. I will give a full report on my experience here within a few days. Suffice to say for now I am feeling very happy and content.
Re: Just out of OR in Bordeaux
June 03, 2013 02:44PM
Great to hear Ron! Congrats and just take it easy, there is nothing left to do but not push things and make sure you keep up with the magnesium/ potassium and plenty of anti-inflammatories going forward. go easy on the exercise hte first month .. walking is okay and stretching and light resistance after about two weeks, but save any heaver stuff for a month to 6 weeks later. Also .. stay away from that nice Bordeaux wine!

Shannon
June 03, 2013 02:58PM
Ron,
I just watched Diehard and all I can say is
Yippie Ki Yay.....Don't it feel good you did it!?
Smooth, Peaceful and steady NSR for almost a week now!
Congrats and rest up it's a giant step to get this all behind you!
Shaved like a Mexican Hairless Dog too!! LOL!!!!

Best,
McHale
June 03, 2013 03:09PM
Great news Ron!

McHale did you stay overnight Too? And do all of Natale's pt's stay overnight?
June 03, 2013 03:33PM
Hey Dennis,
Yes you must stay overnight and I wouldn't want it in other way either. They monitor your insertion sites,make sure you don't develop a fever, etc!!!
June 03, 2013 04:10PM
Hi Ron~ Glad to see this post. Relax and plan to give your heart an abundance of TLC. I'll be watching for your update.

Best to you,
Jackie
June 03, 2013 08:20PM
Ron,

Spectacular! Great to hear it went off without a hitch. I look forward to hearing all the grisly details :-)

Monty
June 03, 2013 09:11PM
Have a great recovery!

/L
June 03, 2013 09:55PM
Ron,

Great news. Looking forward to your updates.I agree with Shannon, stay away from the wine. To this day booze is a total no no for me.

All the best to you,

Lou
June 03, 2013 11:37PM
Congrats and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

BTW, any idea what your LA size was going into the OR? And your ejection fraction? Inquisitive minds want to know.

Murray L

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
June 04, 2013 12:13AM
Congratulations Ron. Nothing beats NSR.

Adrian
June 04, 2013 06:50PM
We went out for a bite of late lunch/early dinner last night before a meeting. I had a huge greek salad with no dressing and some fish in it. Delightful. Then home to get into tux and off to meeting to help set up the hall. Was a bit tired but felt pretty good overall. I could not recall what it felt like to be in aFib and then I recalled taking my son to the Toronto Air Show a few years ago. We walked perhaps 75-100 yards across a bridge from Ontario Place and into the Canadian National Exhibition. Had no problems on the way inbound but on the way outbound I must have been in aFib as I could not catch my breath after that 75 yards and had to catch a lift on one of the golf carts that roam about the property.... to take me to the exit and unceremoniously dump me at the sidewalk, where son Andrew and I caught a cab to take us back to our car about a half mile up the road. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it. I was bagged. I relate this short anecdote to remind those of you who have enjoyed NSR or are having intermittent aFib what it was like when you had it on the go. And if you are in NSR now and enjoying life more, share your experiences with the newbies on here. We all need hope and incentive to advocate and move forwards.

My physical yesterday was excellent excepting for the fact that my left Atrium remains at 55 mm. (enlarged); however my ejection fraction is at least 60% which is pretty much as perfect as it gets for a 60 year old. And if not for damaged lungs from Influenza A/H1N1 and the ensuing pneumonia that put me in a coma and on life support (looooooong story), leaving me with 65% lung capacity at best, I am sure that I would be feeling even better these days.

God bless Dr. Verma at Southlake and TIKOSYN which is dispensed here in Ontario free of charge to those that need it.

Remember where you were and pay forward folks. And thanks to all those who have been there, done that and have the T shirt.... for sharing and giving us all hope for the future.

This "Eat to Live" vegetarian diet by Dr. Joel Fuhrman is doing wonders for me as well. Hypertension - almost gone. Diabetes - always there but sugars almost normal and meds almost gone. Heart - calm as it has ever been. And as a matter of interest I have been drinking coffee and having the odd drink. And if my endocrinologist knew I was eating at least 3 navel oranges every day he'd have a coronary from not being able to explain it.

Ron, wishing you many years of NSR. It is indeed sweet. We should never forget what aFib felt like and how it affected our lives and we should all pay forward with support for our fellow board members.

Murray L

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tikosyn uptake Dec 2011 500ug b.i.d. NSR since!
Herein lies opinion, not professional advice, which all are well advised to seek.
June 04, 2013 08:24PM
Ron they make hair pieces for chests now..........you are in a great place for sure, best to you and no more afib! I am almost 10 months out from mine and no afib here in Charlotte NC.........not exactly France but I'll take it.......report more when you can
Tom
June 05, 2013 08:11AM
Thanks for all the good wishes. What an amazing community. I'm not ignoring the questions, but I have not yet had my post op debriefing with Prof. Jais so a lot of my questions have not been answered. I had one 2 second blip of tracycardia after about 10 hours and a bout of weakness and high blood pressure after 17 hours, but now everything is very calm - and the beat goes on! What a great feeling. I'll give it a few days and then start a new thread with my view and experience here so any one else considering Bordeaux can be as informed as possible.

Ron
June 05, 2013 12:58PM
Ron, great to hear that all went well. All the best for the remainder of your stay in France.
June 05, 2013 01:17PM
Glad to hear your report, Ron! It must feel wonderful to know you DID IT and you are now on the road to NSR for life. Thanks for sharing with us.

Murray - you have a great message there and I think it's why Jackie, Hans and all come to the Board so frequently to help the rest of us. Hearts of gold and so appreciated as there experiences, information and support has been incredible.

Pay it forward indeed! A wonderful way to help others going through what you've gone through and offer HOPE.

So happy for all of you now in blissful NSR. ~ Barb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login